Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage My Usage extra spend - conflicting info

Smelly
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Manage My Usage extra spend - conflicting info

Hey, just wanted to check something about the extra usage setup. Reached usage limit for current month on 10 September. Getting error emails today that say I am approaching the limit. Usually such emails mention that extra spend is set to £-7.99 which is what staff put it to after some legacy billing issues last October. Today the email doesn't mention any limit currently in place. I have not yet received any email attempting to charge me for a limit topup.

https://www.plus.net/data_transfer_watch/ currently shows "£Not set" and advises do not change the limit until the start of a new billing month.

However, https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=mybillsandpayments&?membermenu=billsandpayments under "Manage Broadband Usage" says "Max extra spend £0"

My billing month starts on the 4th - can you advise whether I need to go in and change the data transfer watch value to 0 either now or beginning the new month, or whether it can all be left as-is? If I receive emails trying to charge extra I will raise it. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Smelly
Dabbler

Re: Manage My Usage extra spend - conflicting info

Edit to add - I received one email saying I exceeded allowance and have been charged for more, so same problem as last thread I posted last year. To repeat for clarity, I had already exceeded the allowance on 10 Sept and had a limit of £-7.99 set to stop any more being added, I wasn't using the net when this latest email landed. 

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Smelly, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry for the issues with this, I have added a credit to cover the extra charge for you and would advise changing the data watch value to prevent this occurring again.

I've sent an email with a more detailed response but please get back to us if you have any further queries.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Smelly
Dabbler

Hi Lauren, thanks for the swift email reply and for the credit for the issue. l went to www.plus.net/data_transfer_watch/ and attempted to set a £0, but this led to https://www.plus.net/error-BillingApiClientBillingServiceException.html?strErrorRef=RBM_ERROR_CODE%3... and going via Member Centre/Billing I currently get "Sorry, we are not able to complete this request at the moment, please try again later." so I will see if I can set them once my bill arrives tomorrow and advise you if that recurs. Hope you're not too freezing cold today! Smiley

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No worries! and okay, great let us know how that goes and we will take it from there Smiley

Was a bit chilly de-icing the car this morning Sad

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Smelly
Dabbler

Hi Lauren, just to confirm that I went into https://www.plus.net/data_transfer_watch/ and was able to set my extra usage to £0 so if any further problems occur I'll post a new thread in future. Smiley

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me @Smelly, I'm glad this has worked Smiley Please do just get back to us if you have any further queries.

Have a good weekend Smiley

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team