Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major Billing Problems

FIXED
SHawkes
Hooked

Major Billing Problems

I started a new contract for broadband when my old tie in expired in February and agreed with an online advisor a new price of £17 per calendar month for BB and line rental.

i received an email stating my new bill is available and when I checked the bill is for £27.99p.

i spoke online chat last week and the advisor stated Plusnet have a major ongoing problem and many customers including myself are not receiving the correct discounts and being billed too much, 

the advsisor stated the direct debit will be taken for the wrong amount £27.99 and the overpayment will be repaid to me.at a later date .  I told the advisor I’m not happy that the direct debit will be £10.99 too much and when will this issue be resolved as I don’t want my bank account being debited too much, as it may take me overdrawn .

the advisor stated he didn’t know when the issue will be resolved.

The direct debit is due to go out in 2 days time and the bill on my account still states it will be £27.99 . 

Has this issue been resolved ?  I agreed £17 a month and this is all I want to pay per month and want my bill changed to reflect the amount it should be £17 a month. 

What is happening ? Please sort this out and update me ASAP 

15 REPLIES 15
Anon
Pro

Re: Major Billing Problems

they have majo r billing p roblems, it will no t get sorted soon, they do not know how to fix it, that is why they have told you and me that they cannot say when it will be fixed.

Please report them to OFCOM, whilst they do not investigate individual cases, if enough people complain they will have to investigate and Pnet were fined by them last year for billing issues.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @SHawkes, I am really sorry for the issues with your bill since re-contracting.

I am afraid that if a payment has already been requested from the bank, we cannot stop this request nor amend the amount that has been requested. That being said, if you have been billed an incorrect amount we would of course refund you for this.

I have taken a look at the account and provided a more detailed response on a ticket here for you (due to containing some account specific information).

If you have any further queries in the meantime however, please get back to us.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
SHawkes
Hooked

Dear Anon , Thanks for adding your comments and advice. At present it seems a Plusnet customer service adviser is looking into this for me and I’m hoping it will be sorted out. I won’t really know if this is sorted until the direct debit comes out of my bank. If it isn’t sorted out yes of course OFCOM would be my next port of call, but I do have to give Plusnet an opportunity to get it sorted. I hope your issues were resolved .

SHawkes
Hooked

Dear Lauren , I’m grateful for your swift response & am hoping this will be sorted out.

I would like to clarify that my new fixed price contract price of £17 should have started on 28/02/19 and I have an email confirming this. So it is the the February 19 bill that also needs to be altered to reflect this as well as future bills . .

The direct debit for the new amount for February 28th =

@LaurenB wrote:

Hi @SHawkes, I am really sorry for the issues with your bill since re-contracting.

I am afraid that if a payment has already been requested from the bank, we cannot stop this request nor amend the amount that has been requested. That being said, if you have been billed an incorrect amount we would of course refund you for this.

I have taken a look at the account and provided a more detailed response on a ticket here for you (due to containing some account specific information).

If you have any further queries in the meantime however, please get back to us.

£17 is due out on the 06/03/19 but from your message I understand that £27.99 will probably be taken in error because of the ongoing billing issues Plusnet is having . If this happens How will I obtain a refund for the £10.99 Huh 

Anon
Pro

Ask your bank to return it and not pay it if it is an incorrect amount.

Anon
Pro

Direct Debit Guarantee here https://www.directdebit.co.uk/DirectDebitExplained/pages/directdebitguarantee.aspx

If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by the organisation or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anon wrote:

But how does the bank know the amount is incorrect! All you could do is check the amount taken against your bill then if it's wrong ask that it be reversed. But if you can't see the bill for yourself how do you know its wrong as call charges etc might have changed the amount to be debited.

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

It makes no sense to me.

When a new or renewed contract is taken out are the details not recorded by the customer service staff and then the agreed amount is sent to the finance department who bill the customer ?

Are the computers between customer service staff and the billing department not linked ? If so how come these errors are happening, there is no excuse for it.

Who would want to renew or even take out a contract with PN if something so simple as this cannot be rectified.

Who is in charge at Plusnet ? Is anyone in charge ? By in charge I mean someone who has the authority to action something.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me @SHawkes.

The amount that was shown in the advance payment notification email will be the amount that will leave your account I'm afraid.

I will issue a refund for any overcharges.

Again due to being account specific, I have added a further response to the open ticket here for you, which I hope clears up the current position of the account and the steps I am taking to rectify this for you. 

Id you have any further questions at all, please just let me know.  Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
SHawkes
Hooked

Dear Lauren , 

thank you for clarifying dates and amounts and for taking this matter on personally .

I will wait and see what happens , hopefully it will be sorted out as you explained.

once edit is sorted out I will be able to update and close this post , but until then I will leave it open .

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

No worries, thank you for allowing me to look into this.

If you have any further queries in the meantime, just get back to me.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Anon
Pro

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anon wrote:

But how does the bank know the amount is incorrect! All you could do is check the amount taken against your bill then if it's wrong ask that it be reversed. But if you can't see the bill for yourself how do you know its wrong as call charges etc might have changed the amount to be debited.

If you tell your bank that it is incorrect they have to refund the amount, they do NOP  have to check it, that is between you and the DD originator.

SHawkes
Hooked

This issue has now been resolved . Plusnet did take too much money in a direct debit from my account , but have now refunded the overpayment into my bank account .

thank you to Lauren at Plusnet for taking responsibility and sorting this out for me . I’m very grateful. 

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Thanks for getting in touch @SHawkes and letting us know this issue is now resolved. I'll ensure your feedback get passed on to Lauren as I'm sure she will be really appreciative.