cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main Page Lies

MinusThePlus

Main Page Lies

Can anyone explain why the main page of the site has blatant lies on it?

It clearly says 'Fixed Price Broadband Guaranteed', and in smaller text underneath 'on all new contracts'. I have been with the provider since February of this year and the price has increased already, this price increase was not a part of my 12 month introductary offer. I can fully appreciate the need to increase the price to improve services, but hitting every new contract is bang out of order.

The underhanded way that my Account Summary has been amended to reflect this price increase from the date I signed up in February is also questionable, at least have the decency to display the original contract introductary offer price and the fact that you completely deisregarded it.

11 REPLIES 11
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: Main Page Lies

Hi @MinusThePlus Welcome to the forums.

Plusnet launched fix price contracts in late August, previous contracts were sometimes subject to price increases, all customers who sign up after this point will be on fixed price contracts.

Customers who signed up before this date were sometimes subject to a price increas, when this happened they were sent an email notifying them of the change and giving them 30 days to leave without penalty.

I hope that clears it up.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
MinusThePlus

Thanks for the reply, I'm sure that information is buried away somewhere over here, I checked the obvious forums for the info (Service Information, Community Announcements, Latest Plusnet News) but couldn't find anything so I'll take your word for it.

Can you please clear up why my Account Summary has been falsely amended to reflect that I was paying this price increase from the date I signed up in February?

JonoH
Hero

@MinusThePlus wrote:

Can you please clear up why my Account Summary has been falsely amended to reflect that I was paying this price increase from the date I signed up in February?

In a nutshell, it hasn't been Smiley as the details are private I've added a ticket to your account here. I hope that helps.

Jono H
MinusThePlus

Thanks once again for the reply, and thanks for the ticket. However, I do not need extracts from my welcome email or last invoice details, I have all of this information archived. I also did not say that anyone had edited historical invoices. I will repeat my question from my second post once again:

JonoH
Hero

My apologies, I misunderstood. 

The Account Summary page shows your current costs, it doesn't show how much things cost previously.

Jono H
MinusThePlus

The Account Summary breaks down each item by Date, Order Number, Product, Cost, and Order Status. The item I am referring to dates back to February with an Order Status clearly showing Complete, which is exactly what was showing before the Cost for this item was falsely amended.

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @MinusThePlus

The account summary page is just a summary of non-discounted costs for you services and is not an indication of when a contract starts or would show previous prices for products.

When a price change comes into effect, it does not generate another subscription and include the cost and date of that change as this page is just to summarize the subscription costs.

If you are looking for costs of your products previously, I would advise referring to the contract details you have been sent when signing up to us.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

What is your real concern here?

The account summary advises of the service you are on and its current price.  It does not say the price was £x between date A and B, then price £Y from date B.

What you paid between A & B will be clearly found on the invoices created at that time.

It is arguably something of a coincidence that your current price might just happen to be the same price as that presently being offered to new users or users renewing their contract under the (from August) fixed price T&Cs.

If you are confused by the way the information has been presented, then saying "I'm confused, can you help" is not as confrontational as suggesting that the data has been changed so as to create a "lie".  For what its worth, I checked my billing history and my current account summary: before June, the BB invoiced charge was £1 less than what it is now, as per the change which was advised in the email received mid April.

From 5th June 2018, we’re going to be changing some of our prices and making improvements to our service. Caller Display is becoming free and our broadband price is rising by £1.00. Any discounts or promotions you have will still stand. This means there will be a small change in your broadband bill.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MinusThePlus

@Townman wrote:

If you are confused by the way the information has been presented, then saying "I'm confused, can you help" is not as confrontational as suggesting that the data has been changed so as to create a "lie".

"The Account Summary lets you see all the products and services you've bought from PlusNet"

There is no confusion here, it is perfectly clear what information is presented on my Account Summary, and that quote above is taken directly from the Account Summary page. The cost details for one of the 'products and services' that I 'bought' from PlusNet has been altered, however, the date that I 'bought' the item remains accurate.

By quoting the word lie, I'm assuming you mean "to say or write something that is not true in order to deceive someone".

MinusThePlus

@Jubby wrote:

Hi @MinusThePlus

The account summary page is just a summary of non-discounted costs for you services and is not an indication of when a contract starts or would show previous prices for products.

So what you are telling me here is everyone should completely ignore the 'Product' that's titled '12 months contract' and the activation 'Date' next to it.

Every few months I review my smaller accounts, it's only when I checked my Plusnet Account Summary that I noticed a discrepancy with outgoing costs, checking my archives I noticed that the cost for one of the products that I had 'bought' had been altered, the date had not. It was bad enough finding out that my 12 month introductory offer wasn't an offer at all, but seeing false information just takes the biscuit.

Just how difficult would it be to amend the Account Summary table to accurately read 'Current Cost'?

JonoH
Hero

@MinusThePlus wrote:

Just how difficult would it be to amend the Account Summary table to accurately read 'Current Cost'?

That's fair feedback that I'll absolutely pass on.

Jono H