Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maddened and very close to leaving after 10 years

pscraig
Dabbler

Maddened and very close to leaving after 10 years

Angry Angry Angry
I have been a plusnet customer for more than 8 years (10 I think). I am moving house.
I have spent 35 minutes hanging on the telephone waiting for someone to answer today getting a message claiming Plusnet were sorry for the delay every minute or so. What nonsense.
I am very unhappy. I have recommended Plusnet to friends for years and am unlikely to do so again unless Plusnet find a way to contact me and get my house move sorted.
Anyone like to suggest an alternative supplier?
Peter Craig
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Maddened and very close to leaving after 10 years

Hi, there's only two queueing for house moves at the moment if you'd like to call now? Bear in mind the warning on the line is there for expectation, not all queues are that busy. Sorry for the wait though.
pscraig
Dabbler

Fortunately, I only had to wait a few minutes this morning (and had calmed down a bit).
However, I was very disappointed to learn that I would have to wait until Jan 8 to have the phone (nd broadband) enabled at my new house (shortage of openreach appointments)
Britain used to have a terribly reputation in this regard whereas in the USA one would contact the phone company  and within 24 hours the line would be installed or acivated. Then things got better here after privatisation of BT. Seem to have gone badly backwards.
I know it's about to be Christmas but I'm having to wait nearly 4 weeks!
picbits
Rising Star

Unfortunately when you're reliant on a single company (BT Openreach) to do most of the work as only they are allowed to touch the hardware, you end up with long waits.
To be fair to them, they have had a busy period because of the recent storm damage to the lines etc but it doesn't really help you Sad
chrcoluk
Grafter

yeah here is a shocker for you.
in romania if you have a line fault someone will come and visit the same day (with no charge).
when one learns how it is in other countries openreach service seems shockingly bad.
apparently it was worse before privitisation so I dread to think what was like then.