Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Madasafish Billing System Error

dp2010
Grafter

Madasafish Billing System Error

Hi
I have Talk Anytime via MAAf and have Just recieved an interesting email that stated the following.
I'm sorry to tell you that due to a problem with our system we've not been billing you for your phone calls since 2008.
This problem has now been resolved, and from the 7th December onwards we'll start charging you for the calls you make. Don't worry though, we'll not be charging for any calls you made before then.
These calls will be added to your monthly invoices starting from your next billing date after the 7th December.
I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused to you.
So what was the Billing problem that would have caused such an email to be sent.
Thanks
DP2010
jim:green Title changed for clarity in merged thread mod:end
11 REPLIES 11
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Madasafish customers not charged for phone calls since 2008

Just had an automated email through on a customers Madasafish account.
Had to blink a few times when reading it !
I'm sorry to tell you that due to a problem with our system we've not been billing you for your phone calls since 2008.
This problem has now been resolved, and from the 7th December onwards we'll start charging you for the calls you make. Don't worry though, we'll not be charging for any calls you made before then

Good to see that PN will not be charging for this calls. Smiley
But how can this go unnoticed  for two years or more ! ?
How many customers have been affected ?
Another fine example of how bad PN billing system is !!
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Billing System Error

Two posts on the same topic merged
reserved
Grafter

Re: Madasafish Billing System Error

More unhappy customers here   Angry
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

After looking at this a little closer, i can see that the said customer has been paying for their calls.
What is going on PN! this is a complete joke.
Regards
Mike.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: dp2010
So what was the Billing problem that would have caused such an email to be sent.

When we acquired Madasafish and were migrating accounts across to the Plusnet platform, there was a period of time where we were still using the Brightview systems for call processing. To avoid customers being charged twice a database flag was set to stop the Plusnet system from processing these calls as well. Long story short, that database flag was not removed for all accounts so when the Brightview systems were retired, some customers stopped getting billed for the calls they made (although they will have been billed for everything else).
Quote from: ITWorks
After looking at this a little closer, i can see that the said customer has been paying for their calls.
What is going on PN! this is a complete joke.

It looks like there's been a problem with the dataset used for the mail send as people definitely appear to have received this email when they shouldn't have Sad
Those who have received it in error can expect an apology email tomorrow I would imagine.
Sorry.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

So just to recap
1. Some people have not been billed for calls for 2 yrs or more have had this email sent.
2 .Some people that have been correctly paying for their calls have been sent this email.
These customers (2) will then be sent another email apologizing for the previous email that should not have been sent in the first place.
Bob this is another fine mess regarding billing and automated emails from PN!
Obviously certain systems are not working as they should !
Regards
Mike

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

The emails aren't automated, they were sent manually. This isn't a system error, it's human error. The problem is with the dataset that was generated.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks for posting back at this time of night Smiley
How many customers (not billed for calls for 2 yrs or more) has this affected?
Regards
Mike

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Morning all,
As far as we know there's less than 1000 who haven't been charged, but given the issues with the data set we're not sure how many have received the email incorrectly. We're investigating this now, sorry for the confusion.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: Bob
Those who have received it in error can expect an apology email tomorrow I would imagine.
Sorry.

Have these emails been sent yet ? Smiley
Regards
Mike

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Yes, these messages were sent yesterday.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team