cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Madasafish Acquired by PlusNet - Not fit for service !!

brinzlee

Madasafish Acquired by PlusNet - Not fit for service !!

Thank You for taking over the Madasafish Email accounts. I have to say though we really do feel like the poor relation. Our system is so basic we have no encryption on any of the email accounts and would have thought the transition to Plusnet would have included a much more professional front end like that which is offered to the Plusnet customers.
I have had my email address for many years and want to retain it otherwise I would have changed to the free email services which provide a much more secure end to end encryption. 
The service I'm paying for is not free so it there something that can be done about this in the form of upgrading the rather shoddy totalise server ?

Kind regards

7 REPLIES 7
Gildersleeve
Grafter

Re: Madasafish Acquired by PlusNet - Not fit for service !!

Wow, that brings back some memories....before I joined Plusnet years ago...I was with Madasafish. It seems eons ago.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello there. I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy with your Madasafish email service. As the Madasafish servers use a different mail system compared to Plusnet, we're unable to migrate it across on to the Plusnet system. Furthermore, neither the Plusnet nor Madasafish servers currently support end to end SSL encryption. At the moment, they rely on authenticating using your password.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

It doesn't address the SSL aspect, but you can log into Plusnet Webmail using your Totalise address.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

brinzlee

I tried to login to the PlusNet portal but it didn't work.....which pull down tab do I have to select as service provider, as totalise isn't presented. 

Kind regards

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Odd, it should work just using the default (Plusnet) and your full email address as the username) Huh

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

brinzlee

It doesn't appear to work using this portal

https://www.plus.net/index_portal.html

I am however more concerned with the lack of encryption on password authentication knowing how easy it is to monitor and hijack with man in the middle attacks....or in public places with wifi.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

You won't be able to log in to the Plusnet website, only the webmail. https://webmail.plus.net

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.