cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac Key issues leaving Plusnet

BigNez
Dabbler

Mac Key issues leaving Plusnet

After paying my cancelation fee of £134.15 to leave Plusnet on the 3rd September 2012. I found out today that my Broadband was unable to be transferred and a new ordered had to be placed with the next available date been the 20th September.
The Mac key expires on the 14th of September! How do I resolve this as we are still have connection problems/speed issues that have forced me to leave Plusnet.
I should have suspected this when a direct debit was submitted for an additional payment on the 3rd of September. If Plusnet don’t want customers to leave would it not be more feasible to resolve the issues? My Son’s have not had quality Broadband during the summer holiday and I would like to have resolved this before they return to their studies.
4 REPLIES 4
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Mac Key issues leaving Plusnet

Hi BigNez,
Sorry to hear that you have had issues that have led to this outcome. I will happiily pick your account up in the morning and see what can/needs to be done to resolve your connectiton/speed problems.
I'll update you in the morning as soon as I have looked into this.
Chris
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I have taken a look at your account and spoken with our faults team. Interleaving was removed at the start of this month to help with the Xbox connection. Is this still the issue?
The faults team have also done further tweaks to try and increase the stability of your line as per my request.
If you are still having issues, would it be possible to run a speed test at www.speedtester.bt.com and then this can be examined in more detail on the current state of your line.
In regards to the MAC key expiration date, providing your future provider has placed the order prior to the MAC expiration date then that will be fine for you.
Chris
BigNez
Dabbler

Hi Chris thanks for trying to resolve my fault but I am passed the point of speed checks and several long calls to the call center that don’t resolve my issues.
I have documented my experience to your complaint’s team.
I have two teenage Son’s that need a reliable internet connection that is suitable. I need to move to a provider that is willing to provide this.
I have already paid all outstanding chargers and for the router that I never wanted (Unopened).
My account is now on hold due to cancelling the direct debit for £22.50 for the period after my Cancellation date. I was instructed to do this by your billing team.
How do I resolve this?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

There is no payment due and your account is up-to-date. So your account will automatically close.
I am hoping your connection will improve as I said a few tweaks have been made on your line. To help clarify if anything has changed, I would advise unplugging all other devices from your phone line and only having your broadband plugged in.
I have updated the ticket on your account to confirm this and also mentioned a few other things in there.
I will make sure everything is fine on your account, if you need anything further or you are advised differently then please let me know.
Chris