cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac Code - Not Happy.

aquiel

Mac Code - Not Happy.

Just called Plusnet to ask for my Mac Code and to end my account.
Was given another number and told the 'team' who deals with that 'kind of thing'  don't operate on a weekend!
I think this is a disgrace, I need this code asap, I cannot continue to afford these extra 'usage' charges, so every single day is important.
I do not see why this code cannot be emailed to me, not happy at all and will take this further unless I get some kind of action?  Angry
Not even been on Plusnet a month and I have paid a fortune in extra costs. It was not made very clear about how this usage effects your broadband.
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Mac Code - Not Happy.

Which product are you on - Extra gives you 60GB and the new Premium product gives 120GB
Quote from: Chris
As we've been discussing on this thread, we've made some changes to our old Plusnet Premium product.
For those of you on this thread who have concerns or questions about your usage and you aren't on the Premium product already, please let us know by visiting this link: Click me
Thanks
Plusnet are following their Terms and Conditions so trying to take it further won't help
Why don't you just set a Price Limit and suffer slow speeds until you move
aquiel

Hi
I understand about the terms and conditions, I am just angry that this cannot be sorted at weekends.
I do not want any kind of cap no matter how large the extra is, I am a musician and use downloading and uploading on a regular basis,
I cannot afford to 'suffer' slow speeds at any time.
My partner also uses the same connection on her pc so as you can understand, there is more usage than the average person.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Well perhaps you should have realised that before you signed up
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Can you not move to a package that suits your usage better? You can do that immediately, you don't have to wait until the end of a billing period.
aquiel

I did change package to a larger usage, but was then told this only comes into effect at the end of my current billing period which is the 22nd June, so it is not immediate.
adie:quote
aquiel

Quote from: Oldjim
Well perhaps you should have realised that before you signed up

I knew about the charges, It just was not made clear about how much of your usage actually contributes to that download amount.
I maybe naive in the fact I assumed the download capping was purely on downloading things from download sites like music and films and games etc.
I did not realise general usage including streaming iplayer went toward it, otherwise I would not have signed up, so NO this was NOT made clear to someone who didn't know this...
Also it was NOT made clear AT ALL that me connection would be slowed down dramatically to the point of not even being able to watch anything streaming when my maximum usage was reached.
None of this matters now anyway!!!

I JUST WANT MY MAC CODE!!!
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

If you've only been with PN a month there will be setup fees to pay and modem/router cost if you had one. All the details about costs and how to get MAC's are there on the website in the Ts&Cs and in the FAQ's linked from those details. Many of us agree that these are not prominent enough and there are some threads running about this all. I'm sure a Forum Plusnet rep will pick this up on Monday and sort something out for you, they are very reasonable and are usually keen to sort out problems.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm sure a Forum Plusnet rep will pick this up on Monday and sort something out for you, they are very reasonable and are usually keen to sort out problems.

FYI I can see the MAC has been issued now but I just wanted to make clear that any cancellations or MAC requests can only be handled by the customer options team.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team