Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC code

g1000
Grafter

MAC code

Hi
Please can someone tell me the fastest route to get a MAC code, and how long it usually takes to receive it?
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: MAC code

phone cancellations
g1000
Grafter

I rang the cancellations number 0800. It took me 5 calls just now from 2 different numbers for Plusnet's phone system to actually work: it asked to press 1 for home, 2 for business, pressing 1 just kept repeating the message. Somehow it worked the umpteenth time.
When I finally got through, I asked politely and was told some sort of answer, but not before a raised voice and rude attitude when I asked what the typical (not the maximum) time period was. This type of support over the phone is par for the course with Plusnet in my experience.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

When I finally got through, I asked politely and was told some sort of answer, but not before a raised voice and rude attitude when I asked what the typical (not the maximum) time period was. This type of support over the phone is par for the course with Plusnet in my experience.

Really sorry to hear this. I'm going to see if I can find the call and listen to it as the experience you had doesn't sound good.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm struggling to find the call, the most recent note shows a live chat conversation and the ones prior to that are calls regarding the open fault.
Can you let me know the rough time/date you called in so I can look into this further?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
g1000
Grafter

Hi Chris
The call won't be linked to the account because no account information was ever asked for or given.
Please don't waste your time chasing it up as it would be unfair to single him out and he was far from the worst I have encountered. I would much rather someone spent time sorting my congestion problem, or at the very least responding to my questions/queries for help.
Something more fundamental needs to change, whatever that may be (training/culture?). We all know you can get good call centres and bad centres and then just bad days/individuals in a pressured job. However, I'm sorry to say I always have to tell people how Plusnet is one of those bad centres where the attitude stinks. (The live chat strangely is like contacting a different planet, always a delight).
If I had to use one word to sum it up, it would be 'confrontational'.
I know departments are different, but I vividly remember phoning Sales before I joined, this was at the suggestion of live chat who said they may be able to match competitors unlike themselves. After asking the price and calmly mentioning a better offer on (from BT), he got so instantly aggressive, almost shouting "why did you phone Plusnet then? Ring BT if you like". I was staggered, he just snapped for no reason. I did waste some breath explaining how was I to know Plusnet's deals (or lack of) before phoning and I was only interested if Plusnet could offer the same. He just blared back "We aren't BT. We are Plusnet. Why did you ring us if you want BT prices“ I'm not easily thrown, but I was physically shaking after this call. When I calmed down, I thought it must be a one-off.
(I still went with Plusnet because I was impressed by the supposed transparency and graphs and stuff about network performance, by the TBB BQM graphs, and what I thought was the guarantee of high quality, more 'expert' support on tap through the forums, in case of anything like congestion or odd network issues. Sadly, I've been let down on this)
I also remember when we were trying to activate caller ID on my line. There was no option available to add this when we ordered online, so straight afterwards we contacted Plusnet who told us we could only activate it when the phone line switched over. I did this through the portal on the day it switched over, the portal said this would take 24 hours. We then rang Plusnet (I personally was away from the property and unable to check) to see if could be activated sooner. All I got was a very rude attitude, telling me I would just have to wait and basically asking why did I even think in the first place he could do it any faster (It later transpired on the forum it was already active by this point but he failed to check). When I mentioned how we were only in this predicament because there was nowhere to add caller ID to my online order, he raised his voice and literally shouted - word for word, verbatim - “What do you want me to do about it?”. I said to him calmly, you should know what to do about it, but I told him some suggestions anyway, I told him first, you apologise to the customer, second, you say you will feed it back so that someone can look into it. He just rudely said back “I’ve fed it back before, nothing ever gets changed”. I told him, that doesn’t matter - it doesnt stop him apologising, and it doesnt stop him feeding it back again. When I looked later at the support ticket, he had the nerve to write that the problem could have been avoided if the customer had chosen caller ID at the time of order…
When I fed back myself on the forum about the missing option for caller ID on the online order despite other options listed, the response from Plusnet was this was deliberate in order to recruit customers (presumably by giving the impression it might be free/included), which just left an even bitter taste in the mouth.
Sorry, I’ve spent a lot of time writing here. My hope is, it will be used constructively.
Joshc
Grafter

Good afternoon,
@g1000
I am going to do a lot of investigating into this scenario.  I 100% guarantee you that I will be feeding back my findings to the appropriate teams, this is to prevent issue like your cropping up

again in the future.
Thank you for your feedback, It does help us improve our customer service.
Smiley