cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC Key and my time with Plusnet

orsonwells80

MAC Key and my time with Plusnet

Hey All,
Just phoned to request a MAC key from Plusnet, the helpful guy I spoke to said this could take up to four days to be emailed. Just wondering if anyone knows what the normal timeframe for this is? Obviously four days isnt to long to wait, but I'm hoping that I won't have to wait that long. Not knowing to much about MAC keys I was expecting to be given one over the phonecall?
I've been with plusnet since Jan 2006 and can honestly say that in that time I've never had any problems or any need to even raise a ticket, especially good as during the four years ive moved house once and changed to numerous packages. The only reason I'm changing provider is because the football TV offers from other broadband providers means I can save quite a bit of money per month. Once I have my business lease sorted I fully intend to rejoin as a business customer and would recommend them to anyone looking for a new broadband provider.
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: MAC Key and my time with Plusnet

Welcome to the Forum
the full answer if that OFCOM allow up to 5 working days,
As you requested that this afternoon and Sat &Sun are not working days, that will take you at least Thursday next week, and that is Normally what PN do, they class Friday afternoon as not being in the equation
Be carefull which ones you take,  Any subsidence of Car Phone warehouse, dont touch with a bargepole
Sky LLU OK, but not the other one
O2 LLU good again non LLU dodgy
Virgin Cable
BT not many reports back on that
PN are trying to collect feed back on other suppliers, so you will probably get badgered
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Quote from: pierre_pierre
Any subsidence of Car Phone warehouse...

We can always hope  Wink
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
jmd
Grafter

I rang and asked for Mac Key on a Monday but had not received it latee Friday so rang and got it over the phone then!! Literally 5 days.
orsonwells80

Thanks for the replies everybody!
Why don't they take friday afternoon into the equation? surely they work then?? Also is a bit discouraging JMDLP to hear that they didn't even get back to you with your MAC code till the 5th day and it was you that had to phone them for it, specially as they charge to call them! Hope it all goes a bit smoother for myself, will let you know how I get on.
BTW Pierre_Pierre Im moving to BT. Not because I expect the broadband to be better, just because of the Sky Sports offers. In terms of plusnets broadband service I've never had and complaints and like I said in my opening post will be happy to recontinue my custom with them once my business lease is sorted for larger premises. Although not if they don't count 12.53pm as a working day lol, which would have been earlier if their phoneline hadn't been so busy.
orsonwells80

Well just an update, recieved my MAC code this morning which considering I only ordered Friday is pretty good service!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: pierre_pierre
Be carefull which ones you take,  Any subsidence of Car Phone warehouse, dont touch with a bargepole
Who has a sinking feeling  Grin Grin