Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC/Cancellation/notice required.

tullyhubbert9
Dabbler

MAC/Cancellation/notice required.

Hi all
I'm migrating to BTs Infinity service. I've received a MAC from PlusNet, passed this on to BT and have a confirmed engineers visit for installation on the 12th Nov. Points 4, 5 & 6 below are taken from the PlusNet Help and Support section of the website.
Do I need to do anything further regarding account closure or will BT act on my behalf and when the MAC is used my account will then be closed. Just wondering where the 10 day notice comes in?
Thanks in advance
--
John
PS: PlusNet have been great for me and I'm already starting to regret leaving. I've been tempted away by the deals being offered to new customers and access to BT's Openzone wifi. I also didn't want to transfer my phone line which is required when moving to fibre. The sales/cancellation staff have been great to deal with and who knows maybe I'll be begging them to take me back in 18 months time. For now, thanks to all the PN staff.
4. To ensure no loss of service for the customer, when we issue a MAC Key, we do not schedule the account for cancellation. Any due subscription payments will continue to be taken. The account will only be closed (or downgraded) when we receive confirmation from either the customer (or from our network supplier) that the service has moved to the new provider.
5. When we receive confirmation that the migration has completed, our systems currently will automatically downgrade the account. See General Policies, points 5 and 6 for details.
6. If the migration completes after the 30 day period has expired, a complete month's subscription payment will be automatically taken. In this situation, the customer can request a refund for any unused subscription credit. The refund will be made within 10 working days and will be provided via the same method that the payment was taken.
2 REPLIES 2
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: MAC/Cancellation/notice required.

The 10 day notice starts the day you request the MAC.
You don't have to move your phone line to Plusnet when going to fibre, but if you don't you have to pay for the installation.
When your move the BT completes, although it's not necessary, it's not a bad idea to notify Plusnet.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
tullyhubbert9
Dabbler

Re: MAC/Cancellation/notice required.

Thanks jelv, I'll make a courtesy call when the transfer is complete.