Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowered 0.5p Plusnet Unlimited Referal Value

Dx7
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Lowered 0.5p Plusnet Unlimited Referal Value

Hi
What date on the website did you drop Plusnet Unlimited referral value from 0.75p to 0.50p?  Undecided
Thanks,
John
7 REPLIES 7
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Lowered 0.5p Plusnet Unlimited Referal Value

Hi, I think that's because there's two different Unlimited products rather than a value being changed - there's the older Unlimited that we don't sell any more (http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/plusnet_unlimited_archive.shtml) and the new one that's currently on sale.
Dx7
Rising Star

Are you sure t that's right Matt?
I looked at the values on the page linked below  just 3 maximum  4 months ago  and I am totally sure the value was 0.75 for unlimited:  I can also bring up bring up previous recent  posts referring to this value. I think it would be helpful if people were told by email when there is going to be  a change in referral values.
http://portal.plus.net/support/tools/referrals/referrals_discount_info.shtml?membermenu=referralvalu...
Have a look at the start date for some of my referral values for the recent  unlimited product (that's the product I am also on now) and you will see they are 0.75 not 0.50.  They all started this year just before the continuing  problem with referral system.
*********ton65 Plusnet Unlimited 03/06/13 17/12/13 N/A £0.75 5 £3.75 active
************ajai Plusnet Unlimited 04/05/13 17/12/13 N/A £0.75 7 £5.25 active
*********ndows Plusnet Unlimited 01/05/13 09/01/14 N/A £0.75 7 £5.25 active
I would hope that all my Plusnet Unlimited referrals showing a value of 0.00 are updated and backdated  with the correct amount that were advertised at that time, I feel anything else would be really unfair. 
John
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

In that case I can only suggest it's due to the problem we have with referrals at the moment, there's a thread on that being updated by Scott who's the QA engineer testing the fix for this problem. That thread is here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,119500.64.html
Dx7
Rising Star

I cannot see a fault with the system altering the values on your referral value  information page.  Anyone else noticed that Plusnet has recently altered the Unlimited Referral value from  0.75p to 0.50p? Look here: http://portal.plus.net/support/tools/referrals/referrals_discount_info.shtml?membermenu=referralvalu...
Did anyone notice  what month it was altered? Because sometime RECENTLY THIS YEAR it has definitely been reduced and surely I am not the only one to have noticed it. 

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

As I am affected by the non-payment of referral credits (two broadband products have the characteristic £0.00 value against them on the My Referrals page, but another phone product mysteriously missed two months in July and August, but was fine before then and has been since), I have been following the several forum topics discussing this.
I too have noticed that the Plusnet Unlimited broadband (non-fibre)product has had its referral value changed from £0.75 to £0.50. When I first raised a ticket about my missing referral credits on 30 July, I checked on the Referral Values page and the Plusnet Unlimited had a referral value of £0.75. About two weeks ago, I rechecked and it had fallen to £0.50.
I have now checked on the internet, and a cached version of the Referrals Value page dated 18 August on webarchive.org does indeed have the Plusnet Unlimited broadband referral value as £0.75. The four broadband products available at that time, and still available, are shown on that cached web page as Plusnet Essentials, Plusnet Unlimited, Plusnet Essentials Fibre and Plusnet Unlimited Fibre; the referrals values were £0.50, £0.75, £0.50 and £0.75 respectively.
Therefore, it seems a little disingenuous of Plusnet to maintain that the currently available Plusnet Unlimited broadband product has always had a referral value of £0.50. When my referral changed to that product in early summer, the referral value was £0.75. I would hope that once Plusnet sort out the mess with the referrals system, all backdated payments will be at the rate (£0.75) applicable when the product was purchased and will continue to be so.
ScottStorey
Pro

I've queried the issue with our Business Analysts to confirm what it should be.
I have been unable to find any documentation internally of it changing from 75p to 50p but obviously the internet caches all and shows it at 75p in the past which is why I've queried it.
I'll be providing an update in the thread Matt linked to early hours of Saturday morning.
Dx7
Rising Star

Quote from: jgb
As I am affected by the non-payment of referral credits (two broadband products have the characteristic £0.00 value against them on the My Referrals page, but another phone product mysteriously missed two months in July and August, but was fine before then and has been since), I have been following the several forum topics discussing this.
I too have noticed that the Plusnet Unlimited broadband (non-fibre)product has had its referral value changed from £0.75 to £0.50. When I first raised a ticket about my missing referral credits on 30 July, I checked on the Referral Values page and the Plusnet Unlimited had a referral value of £0.75. About two weeks ago, I rechecked and it had fallen to £0.50.
I have now checked on the internet, and a cached version of the Referrals Value page dated 18 August on webarchive.org does indeed have the Plusnet Unlimited broadband referral value as £0.75. The four broadband products available at that time, and still available, are shown on that cached web page as Plusnet Essentials, Plusnet Unlimited, Plusnet Essentials Fibre and Plusnet Unlimited Fibre; the referrals values were £0.50, £0.75, £0.50 and £0.75 respectively.
Therefore, it seems a little disingenuous of Plusnet to maintain that the currently available Plusnet Unlimited broadband product has always had a referral value of £0.50. When my referral changed to that product in early summer, the referral value was £0.75. I would hope that once Plusnet sort out the mess with the referrals system, all backdated payments will be at the rate (£0.75) applicable when the product was purchased and will continue to be so.

A quality investigation and response  Wink  Clearly there is only one fair outcome here.