cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lots of referrals have gone

ppppenguin
Dabbler

Re: Lots of referrals have gone

Just got my October bill. If I average the September bill (higher than expected) with the October bill (lower than expected) it comes out at a reasonable looking figure. I'm still not sure if all my referrals have been fully accounted for but it's now at least somewhere close to correct.

Keeping fingers crossed that things will now stabilise.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Is the average approximately equal to the August bill - the last known accurate bill for many people?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @ppppenguin ,

Thanks for your post.

Having checked into the referrals on the account I'm seeing a discrepancy of 50% between what the referrals should be (from our end) and the referral amount you estimate the total to be.

Due to this I've sent a ticket to our billing operations team who will investigate the account and update me further within the next 5 working days.

As soon as I receive the update I'll be able to hopefully give you clarity and resolve this issue.

Please let us know if there's anything else you need in the meantime.

ppppenguin
Dabbler

I thought it looked about right. The Septemeber and October figures averaged out the same as the August referrals. July had slightly more referrals but it's possible that somebody stopped being with Plusnet in that month.

Even using the current referrals page it's not easy to track what the referral discount should be.

mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Hi @OskarPapa

Best of luck @ppppenguin

On checking I believe I have had problems since 2012

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @mort7890 ,

Thanks for the further update.

The issue is still with the billing team who are currently investigating your issue with referrals and as agreed I'll update you personally as soon as an update is available.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Just got my October bill. If I average the September bill (higher than expected) with the October bill (lower than expected) it comes out at a reasonable looking figure.

I have a contact in a similar situation. His referral credit was missing from Septembers bill, but it Octobers bill seems to include the missing credit.  It does look like the system is catching up, at least with simple cases on some accountsSmiley

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ppppenguin
Dabbler

Owen, thanks for your help. Though the comments by Plusnet staff on the ticket are no more than standard corporate guff.

At present Plusnet can't even collect their money. My last bill was on 22/10/18, due for collection around 2/11/18. ISTR PN said that the DD would be late but it's now 12/11/18 and the next bill is due in 10 days.

I have no objection to paying late but I hope that I don't end up with a nastygram blaming me for not paying.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @ppppenguin,

I'm sorry that we applied for your direct debit payment late this month and for any inconvenience caused. This payment will be taken as soon as our billing team are able to and you won't incur any charges etc for late payment as this was due to an issue on our side.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@EmilyD wrote:

Hi @ppppenguin,

This payment will be taken as soon as our billing team are able to and you won't incur any charges etc for late payment as this was due to an issue on our side.

But will the system be able to avoid the User falling into the "Failed billing"  trap and possible disconnection that has been affecting other Users?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ppppenguin
Dabbler

Just got my November bill. It's correct as far as I can tell!

But it seems to say that the October bill has been paid, even though Plusnet haven't collected the DD. If the billing systems think I've paid, even when I haven't, who am I to argue:-)