cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lots of referrals have gone

ppppenguin
Dabbler

Lots of referrals have gone

I usually get about £14 worth of referrals each month so this month I was susrprised to see it drop to £8. Looking at my list of referrals I see that a number of long standing ones have paid no referral this month, despite still being shown as active. I haven't checked with the people concerned (I'm no longer in touch with most) but it would be a huge coincidence that about 6 long term customers would all leave in the same month.

Any idea what's going on?

PS: What's happened to the old ticket/question system? I went to raise a ticket with this question about referrals and couldn't see a way to do it. Seems like phone calls or online chat only now for contacting PN staff.

PPS: May be similar problem to this thread: https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Referral-discount-no-longer-being-applied-given/m-p...

40 REPLIES 40
mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Lots of referrals have gone

Just noticed the same problem with my account. Online chat said I would have to contact all my referrals to see if they have paid.  I asked for a question to be raised and was informed that it was not possible. I think it is an account problem and hope that it is sorted soon.

ppppenguin
Dabbler

I also suspect it's an accounts department problem. You've noticed, I've noticed but it probably affects loads of people without them being explicitly aware.

Plusnet need to own up to the problem and fix it.

mort7890
Pro

You are lucky mine dropped from £12.00 to a new referral £1.95 only just hope we get compensation for the mistake. 

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @ppppenguin and @mort7890,

I'm sorry to hear that you are both missing referral credits from your latest bills. I've checked and I can't see any obvious reasons as to why you've not received these, so I've raised this to our billing team for further investigation.

We'll be back in touch one we've received an update, which should be within the next five working days.

Sorry for any inconvenience that this issue has caused you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
ppppenguin
Dabbler

Thanks for picking this up. I was wondering when this would be addressed so I phoned this morning and opened a ticket. It's annoying that you can'y raise a ticket online as you could a few years ago.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @ppppenguin and @mort7890,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back in touch. Our billing team have advised that there has been a widespread issue with referrals credits this month and that they have now investigated and resolved this issue. They have advised that all impacted customers will receive the missing referral credits from last month on their next bill as well as the month's referral credits as normal.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this issue has caused. Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if there are any problems with the referral credits on your next bill.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
ppppenguin
Dabbler

Thanks for the update. Let's hope it's all fixed soon.

ppppenguin
Dabbler

Well I thought it was fixed until this month's bill arrived with wrong referrals. Again. Opening a ticket is painful because you can't do it online and the phones are overloaded. So could somebody please pick this up again.

I've attached a spreadsheet with my referrals. The ones highlighted in yellow are clearly ridiculous. The numbers should be in the 25p to £1 range and the total for the month should probably be around £14.50. Not £10.75 as on my bill dated 22/9/18.

As it is, nothing adds up properly. However I look at the spreadsheet I can't get to the £10.75 figure on my bill.

mort7890
Pro

So it has happened again, referrals this month £0.00, last month was lower than expected but thought it would correct itself this month. Seems as if the new billing procedure has killed the referrals.

mort7890
Pro

@ppppenguin

Is it just us two that has these problems?

@EmilyD

Hope you can get it sorted completely

mort7890
Pro

Due to problems with the new billing I have just been able to view my latest bill and find that I have received some referrals but only about 50% of what I should have got.

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Hi Mort7890 & ppppenguin,

You are not alone with incomplete referral payments from PN after the introduction of the new billing system at the beginning of September.

My September referral payment was incomplete but I have decided to wait to see if PN correct the problem in my October bill.

If things are still awry in October then I will raise the issue with support.

Richard

mort7890
Pro

@ppppenguin @RichardB

No update on the referral problem as yet.

Taking a long time @EmilyD

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

@EmilyD @Mine was the same. Four of five referral scheme discount has been paid up but one is missing out since change over of new billing system. Not happy at all. I informed PN about this but no ones seem care to reply or sort out.