Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost-sign in details

bures
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Lost-sign in details

My next door neighbour who is with PN, husband did a few months ago
Now she has problems with McFee being deactivated, but we do not have the User or password details to access the account.
We have no idea what her departed husband used when he signed up for the service
The lady knows absolutely nothing about PC`s, so if she rings PN Customer Service will they be able to access her account and sort out the problem

Diplomacy if key under these circumstances

Its not going to go be case of No User name + No Password = No Help
Its not really her fault her husband died, taking this information to the grave with him

4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Lost-sign in details

You should be able to find the account name by looking in the router settings for the user name which will be accountname@plusdsl.net

By providing Plusnet with a copy of the death certificate you should be able to get the account transferred in to her name.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I'm really sorry to hear this. Please pass on my sincere condolences to your neighbour.

If the account is in her late husband's name, then we'll be able to change the account holder to an immediate family member (i.e. herself) once she passes data protection on the account (Without the username or password, all she'll need is the Account details that the payments come out of, her address and landline phone number.

If the account is in her name, then we'll be able to confirm the username and reset the password once data protection is passed on the account (as above).

I hope this helps but please feel free to let us know if you have any further queries.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
bures
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Jelv :Quote:- By providing Plusnet with a copy of the death certificate you should be able to get the account transferred in to her name.
I can only use one word for this suggestion :- Ridiculuos

Anoush :- that`s very reassuring and I will get the lady concerned to contact CS.
Not being PC orientated, she was concerned that she wouldn`t be able to answer a barrage of security questions
I am positive this will give her the confidence to call and get her McFee back up and running

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

No problems @bures

To expand on the 'Account details' I mentioned, just so she's prepared before making the call, if the payment method is a card then we'll need the last 4 digits of the card number and the expiry date.

If it's via direct debit, then just the last 4 of the account number and last 2 of the sort code.

I hope this helps further Smiley
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button