Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my static ip address

FIXED
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Lost my static ip address

Today this morning my fibre got no connection so I check the router found there is Authentication Fail as I have to phone up plusnet technical support as they say it because there is component missing from the account and they got it reconnected up and running but this time it only show up dynamic ip address to gateway parbin network never heard of that before as I lost my static ip address that I have it for seven years. Don't know why it ends up Authentication Fail. Seem very strange.

I don't want to pay £5 again to have a new static ip address again.

I have reply to ticket today about my static ip address has gone. Because need that for my cctv system in the household.
4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Lost my static ip address

Really sorry to see this @goldenfibre Sad Unless this gets sorted out sooner, let me look into this when I'm in the office on Monday. 

If you are needing a static IP sooner, does the Add-Ons webpage in your account Here give you an option to add a new IP? I'm happy to get the £5 credited back to you.

Sorry for the hassle of reconfiguring everything with a new static IP address. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

@Gandalf Sadly it wouldn't let me add on static ip address because the account are still in pending under contract so unable to change that. I manage to fix my cctv system with dynamic ip address for now but it not guaranteed for CTTV 24/7 if the broadband get re-connected to different dynamic ip address if you know what I was talking about.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Ah I didn't think the pending contract would affect the ability to add a static IP on. It's good to see you've got a workaround, I'll sort this first thing Monday for you. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Fix

@Gandalf PN has reinstated my new static ip address and also credited me £5.00 as a goodwill gesture to cover that one off charge. All sorted now.

Ticket number 198800776 as the staff has reply today.

No furher action is required now.