cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost login details

LoisJane

Lost login details

Hello,
My partner is trying to close his account however he has lost the letter with his plusnet email and landline number on. He hasn't been using the email address (he's just used the account for the broadband) and doesn't have a landline. He called up but they refused to help him without this information and refused to send another letter to his address.
Has anyone else had this problem?
We're moving out soon and he's worried he won't be able to the exit charge and then they'll come after him.
Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Lost login details

Welcome to the forum, @LoisJane . If your partner logs into his account and selects 'Manage Account>View Account Details, all the information you need is there.

John
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
LoisJane

Thanks for the quick reply!
The problem is, he can't get into his account. He set up the internet at the beginning of this year and then lost the letter with his login details so can't get into his online account.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@LoisJane 

To get the phone number plug a phone in and ring 17070. You will get a recorded message telling you your number.

To get your username open a web browser and put 192.168.1.254 in to the web address field. This will give you access to your hub settings. If you look through the pages you will find your account name in the form of yourusername@plusdsl.net.

Now go to your account log in page and enter the username bit then select I have forgotten my password and it will be reset for you.

Thinking further if you do the second bit when you log in to your account it will tell you the phone number.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @LoisJane and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see your partner's lost his login details and having issues closing his account with us.

If the suggested steps above don't help, feel free to drop me a private message with the full address and a contact number to reach him on. I'll be happy to call him back to try to pass our data protection process a different way.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
LoisJane

Thanks for the help!
A different manager sorted on the phone but this is super useful to know. Thank you!