cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of service

Squib
Grafter

Loss of service

I had my broadband service ceased through no fault of my own , it was off for 6 days , shouldn’t I receive some compensation ?

13 REPLIES 13
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Loss of service

I've picked this up and have added a response to your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=175603026 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Squib
Grafter

Not good enough Adam , have you not read all my questions and posts over the last 2 weeks ?

I was cut off through no fault of my own !

Broadband is like all the other services (gas , electric , water).

Inconvienience of having to drive to my daughter’s (18 miles round trip) to get access to my bank accounts and emails.

Plusnet inept response to the problem.

The standard rate of broadband failure for this coming year is £8 per day.

The utter and complete frustration in talking to Plusnet (nothing to do with me sir)

Your response (I am awarding £3 for 6 days) not we are really sorry for all the inconvienience and frustrations trying to talk to Plusnet.

I will accept £50.

Please pass this on to your manager and his manager.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hello there,

Please bear in mind that the payment I've offered is proportionate to the monthly fee that you pay us. 

We're not obliged to provide the level of compensation you've requested but I will update your ticket again with an offer of a goodwill gesture. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Squib
Grafter

Hi ,it is now Friday, still waiting a sensible response form Plusnet.

Just to let you know I will be abroad for the next 2 weeks , please do not remove my broadband whilst I am away.

I wii probably not be able to receive emails.

Have a nice day.

Squib
Grafter

I note with interest that Plusnet charges £30 for a disconnection.

Plusnet has offered me £3 for disconnecting me for 6 days , hardly compares?

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Squib,

The £30 cessation charge is applicable where broadband is cancelled without being migrated to another provider that uses the BT network and covers the cost of removing broadband from the line. We have not charged you this fee and it is not applicable in this case.

The refund of £3 for the 6 days downtime is a pro-rata refund of your subscription charges for the days that your services were offline, based on the monthly cost of your broadband offer.

I can see that Adam has also offered you a gesture of goodwill for the poor experience that you have had and I feel that his offer is extremely fair for the 6 days downtime. If you would like to check this goodwill offer it is on the ticket here on the reply dated 29/05/18. If you would like to go ahead with this please reply to the ticket to confirm this and then drop us another message on here and we'll get this sent for you.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Squib
Grafter

Once again , you have failed to grasp the argument, I raised a formal complaint, which seems to have been totally ignored by everyone in Plusnet, it has taken a month to get the answer to my question about the length of time my line was off (6 DAYS 14 HOURS) . Plusnet have failed in every aspect of this and I will be taking this up with Ofcom. Everyone in Plusnet acts like a robot.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Squib,

I'm sorry that you are unhappy with my response and that it took you a long time to receive an answer to your query regarding the length of time that your services were offline.

I've checked your account however I cannot see where a formal complaint has been raised I'm afraid. If you do wish to escalate this further, please see our complaints code of practice here. I'd recommend raising the complaint in writing via the help assistant or by letter.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Squib
Grafter

Well , That’s another failure on Plusnet’s part , because as I was speaking to one of your staff , they said that was the only way I could raise an OFFICIAL COMPLAINT, so I will now raise an official complaint re Plusnet’s handling of my disconnection.

Squib
Grafter

I have just read your code of practice and it clearly states , that you raise a complaint over the phone , which I did very early on. Please check the recordings of all my calls , and you will find that I raised an official complaint?

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Thank you for your contact Squib. 

We have answered all queries ticket side on your account as requested and an appropriate gesture of goodwill has been offered. 

You can follow your ticket here

Thank you. 

Squib
Grafter

Plusnet are treading a very fine line. Re my official complaint which somehow has been lost , I spoke to [CSA Removed] and [CSA Removed] (apparently [CSA Removed] was busy) and raised a formal complaint after speaking to Ofcom (ref 542608 ) now see if you can find it ?

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) CSA name removed as per Forum rules

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi there.

Sorry for the delay. I can see that your issue has now been assigned to a dedicated case handler. You can view the case here.