cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of service

Dogwatch

Loss of service

Some spotty yoof drove his hatchback at speed into one of our local drainage dykes (I live in the Fens) on Feb 20th, taking the BT Openreach green cabinet - thus our landline and broadband connection - with it. And it's not just knocked over; it’s some two metres from where it started its little adventure. The cabinet is still in the [-Censored-], fatally injured, four days after being hit by the car. There are just a few loose and broken wires left sticking out of the ground which an Openreach engineer has helpfully put a plastic bag over, but until the cabinet is replaced we will not have direct net access or phone other than via our mobiles.

My question is, will I be able to claim compensation for loss of service? I am posting this by means of an iphone tethered to my laptop, and have had to increase my data allowance. 

4 REPLIES 4
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Loss of service

Have you reported the loss of service to PN?

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Good morning @Dogwatch

Thanks a lot for getting in touch and I'm really sorry to hear about what's gone on here, not ideal! c

Anyway, I've just run a test on your line to confirm the Major Service Outage, and can confirm that Openreach are hoping to have the matter resolved by 04/03/2022. We wouldn't "compensate" for this, as t comes under an MBORC (matter beyond our reasonable control), however if you'd like to let us know when you're back online, we'll be more than happy to credit your downtime to ensure that you have not paid for a service that you did not use.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Dogwatch

Hi,

I received an automated message from the Plusnet Diagnostics bot just after 13.00 today, advising that the reported problem has now been fixed. 

No, it hasn't. When we went past the site earlier today, there were no less than six Openreach vans and a mini-digger on site, so it seemed a little unlikely that everything would be working again less than 2 hours later. I mean, I know they're good, but they're not that good!

I have turned the router on and off several times since then and there is still no service. Equally, we have no landline connection, either. 

I just wanted to ensure that you know this is still an ongoing issue and that I will plan for the repair to be completed on 4/3/22, as you state in our message. 

Thanks

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks for getting back in touch and for letting us know. I'm a little puzzled, I can see that you've reported a fault on Friday, even though the previous response from myself was issued on Thursday haha!

Apologies for the miscommunication from the automated system though, the issue is ongoing, and to be honest, a GEA test this evening has concluded that Openreach have pushed the estimated resolution date back slightly, to 07/03/2022 at the latest. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused here. Sad 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds