cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of service for 1 month- adjusted bill request

Farouk
Hooked

Loss of service for 1 month- adjusted bill request

My internet has been unstable since 8 September, and I have had no internet connection for almost a month now. An engineer has been sent and found no issues with our line (he fitted a new microfilter to be sure) and diagnosed the problem as a faulty router. Two weeks have passed and Plusnet have sent a new router (dispatched almost 4 days late)  which was found to be broken. I am seriously disappointed with plusnet's customer service and will deter anybody I know from ever considering you.

I would like assurance that my next bill will be adjusted and reduced to reflect that I have had no internet for the past month! I have tried endlessly discussing this via your chat service and on the phone, and feel that I am not valued as a customer. I am no longer interested in resolving the issue with plusnet.

15 REPLIES 15
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Loss of service for 1 month- adjusted bill request

Thanks for getting in touch @Farouk

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had.

I've responded to the open ticket on your account regarding this and you can view my response by going here.

If there's anything else we can help with let us know

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Farouk
Hooked

I have now replied to you- I am still waiting for the second replacement router, after the first replacement was found to be defective.

I am concerned that you will still bill me the full amount on the 12th October and I would like to be compensated for this significant loss of service immediately.

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi there @Farouk I've responded further to the ticket on your account.

Farouk
Hooked

I have received the replacement router today and have connected it, but am still unable to connect online. 

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Farouk,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear that and apologise for any inconvenience this is causing you.

I've run a diagnostic check however I have not been able to establish a connection to your router. Please can you ensure it is plugged in and all connected wires are sound as well as try accessing the test socket as per the following.

If the issue persists please advise what lights are showing on the router in order to establish a likely cause.

Thanks - LF

Farouk
Hooked

It is now connected to the test socket and showing a flashing orange light, sometimes blue. I am able to see the network on my computer/mobile but unable to connect. I am unable to connect to the router login page either.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi Farouk,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I'm sorry to hear that, a flashing orange light indicates the router is attempting to synchronise. I can see you have called us this evening with this issue however we were unable to establish a connection to the router.

As this is the case in order to get this resolved for you we need to now send an engineer to look into the matter. Please can you access this ticket as we need you to authorise an engineer to check the line or repair any fault that is found.

We look forward to your response.

Thanks - Tahir

Farouk
Hooked

The issue has remained unresolved, an engineer as been out previously and found no fault. As a result I have now requested to transfer my services to another provider. I have received notification that my service will be transferred on the 31st October, and have been told of my cancellation charges. As I have had no broadband and connectivity issues for well over a month now (and in that time I have unreasonably been charged a bill with no discounts at all to reflect my downtime), could you please provide compensation or waive my cancellation charges.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Farouk 

As we did not receive a reply to the ticket which @LordFoul placed on your account, which subsequently meant we were not able to book out an engineer to investigate and clear the issues you mentioned, we would not be in a position to waive any of the early termination charges associated with your migration to another provider. This is down to the fact the we have not been able to attempt a fault clear or resolution due via our suppliers. 

Please be aware that should the issues at hand be present on your circuit as opposed to your Plusnet supplied equipment, it is likely that they will also crop up on your new connection should the ISP you move to use the Openreach Network. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

Farouk
Hooked

I did not respond to the ticket immediately however I discussed this issue through plusnet chat and explained that I am unhappy to be inconvenienced by an engineer for a second time- the first engineer visit lasted two hours and found no fault in the line!!

At the very least I expect a refund of the broadband charges for my last two bills as you have been unable to provide me with any internet service. Along with this I expect an inconvenience compensation for the delayed repairs. If you are unwilling to provide this I will raise a formal complaint via the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) by contacting the Ombudsman Services.

I cannot believe the shambles of service that I have received from Plusnet and would actively discourage anybody from choosing them. At no point have I received genuine care and consideration for this lack of service.
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Farouk 

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'd be more than happy to calculate the value of your downtime since the last connection between your router and the network, but I would not be able to wipe the last 2 months worth of bills as I can see that this date is not that far in the past.

I have opened a fresh ticket on your account with the calculation and amount which I would be able to credit off your final fees. 

Please reply to the ticket and then give me a shout on here so that I can pick it back up.

Kind Regards, 

MoR

Farouk
Hooked

Thank you for this quote, however I have had issues stretching back to 8 September- you can access my plusnet chats to view this. Even though there was a connection from 8 September- 1 October, it was intermittent and slow to the point that I would lose wifi connection regularly and would be unable to stream anything through my TV. Could you please update the quote to reflect this.
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Farouk 

Thanks for your reply. 

I've updated the ticket again. 

Thanks, 

MoR

Farouk
Hooked

Thanks Alisdair, I have now replied to you and am happy to accept the revised quote.