Did you mean: 

Loosing Hundreds of Referrals

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Loosing Hundreds of Referrals

Isn't the Wayback Machine useful

As of 12th May 2016 it stated

Should you decide to leave us, any outstanding referral credit not yet applied to subscription charges will be lost and cannot be converted to a monetary value. Referral credits are non-transferable between account holders.

It now states

If you cancel your Plusnet broadband and phone service and/or you decide to leave us, any outstanding referral credit not yet applied to subscription charges will be lost and cannot be converted to a monetary value. Referral credits are non-transferable between account holders.

Not exactly the same is it

jerryw
Grafter

Perhaps not .. I received the same email, which surprised me as I do currently have both fibre broadband and a mobile contract with Plusnet.

So I duly phoned the number provided and was told it would be sorted out, no problem .. but then today I received another email that said, in part:

"Unfortunately as this account is listed as the account that referred other customers we would not be able to transfer these to a different account. This is not anything that can ever be transferred from account to account at any point."

Since that is diametrically opposed to what the first email said, I am a very unhappy bunny. My mood is not improved by being told that the question has been closed .. without any consultation with me. And apparently I can't respond to that or even raise a question of my own!

Truly, utterly, pathetic.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@jerryw,

See here for a differing opinion from a higher authority https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Loosing-Hundreds-of-Referrals/m-p/1429684#M25262 - I have asked the mods to merge the topics.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi there @carrollp welcome to the community forums first of all. And leave this with me, I'll get some clarification and let you know within the next couple of days.

@jerryw - I am sorry to hear this. It appears that the adviser you contacted did not follow correct process, so the request to move the referrals was rejected by the next adviser that picked up the ticket. I've raised this ticket to our billing team.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thank you for your patience @Dx7 I've now moved your referrals to your new account. I've sent you this ticket with a bit more detail. I hope this helps but if you have any problems please let me know.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
jerryw
Grafter

Anoush you are a star .. many thanks for sorting it all out

Faith in Plusnet bruised but not destroyed 🙂

Jerry

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No problems, Jerry. Once again, apologies for that. Btw, I decided work the ticket myself in the end, so your referrals should all be across by now. Smiley

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Topics merged as requested in message #18

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Dx7
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks  Anoush. 

You might be able to help me with a couple more things. 

Is it possible for me to keep the  email account for one of my old referral accounts active? Its the one begining with com. 

The account beginning with xxx had a new referral that had not shown up, likely due to not yet being live. Now that you have transferred all referrals from this account, will that new referral, when live, also be redirected to my new account?

Thanks again for all your help

John

@Anoush wrote:

Thank you for your patience @Dx7 I've now moved your referrals to your new account. I've sent you this ticket with a bit more detail. I hope this helps but if you have any problems please let me know.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thanks for getting back to me John.

That should be fine, any free accounts won't be automatically closed as a result of this referral communication - just that any referral credits won't be paid unless transferred to a broadband account (which has been sorted for you now).

I'm just trying to find this stray referral that hasn't moved across, please could you private message me with the username to save me sifting through them all? Smiley

Thanks,
Anoush

paxy
Grafter

Hello - if I use my account to subscribe to a mobile phone plan - can the referrals be kept please ?

It's not clear if this counts as a phone account.

Thanks
paxy
Grafter

@Anoush

? or anyone ....

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Mobile accounts are recorded on a separate system, referrals are only on broadband and landline accounts.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
paxy
Grafter

ok - thx.  So there is no real way out then.  I can't terminate my broadband with my current supplier at such short notice to move it over. It's a shame Plusnet have decided to make this change as the hard work of getting referrals (and supporting most of them since !) will be lost.

All the best for the future .... Plusnet were my first broadband experience and I still miss those early days ....

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I am sorry that I didn't reply to your post a couple of weeks ago, must have missed it. 😕

Apologies for the disappointment caused by not being able to transfer your referrals to your mobile account. I do hope that this doesn't sway any of your future decisions, and you choose to come back to us to supply your broadband service once more.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet