Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loosing Hundreds of Referrals

Dx7
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Loosing Hundreds of Referrals

Hi Plusnet

I have just had an email from Plusnet saying I will lose all my referrals in May. I have two  PlusNet Residential Generic Services Product   Plusnet accounts, and I have worked hard to get a couple of hundred referrals between them.   I would prefer not to lose these accounts  and referrals  and I would like to keep referring Plusnet using these accounts.  Is there anything you can  do to help me protect them?  Even if that means  me paying a fee.  I do have  3 other  active accounts with you but I would rather keep these accounts separate. I would hope that Plusnet can accommodate people like me that have worked very hard to refer so many customers to Plusnet. 

Thanks

John

31 REPLIES 31
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Loosing Hundreds of Referrals

Hi John,

I'm really sorry to say but it's been a recent decision to stop the referral payments on non-active broadband accounts. We should be able to retain your referrals, however this would mean moving them to one of your active accounts. 

If you'd like to proceed, please remind me of your account username(s) by private message and I'll arrange this for you.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

New referral policy

Hi

Just had email notification of the change of policy regards referrals.

I am a current plusnet mobile customer, but non broadband/land line.

Can anything be done for me and others in this situation.

Ian

Dx7
Rising Star

Hi Anouish,

Nice to see your still there working at Plusnet. I have just now opened a new Plusnet account at a new address. I will PM you the username. Maybe it would be practical to wait until it goes live, just in case of new account problems - I have had one or two of them in the past. There is also a new referral to be added to one of my PAYG accounts 😉 and it's not showing up just yet.

Thanks for helping me out again Auouish. 

John

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: New referral policy

Hi @ian007jen

Can you post the email please 

Kind regards

Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Just seen  your post on http://www.thinkbroadband.com/

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/plusnet/4539080-plusnet-referrals-stopping-for-non-clients.html#Pos...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Topics merged.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

carrollp

Hi

I received an email yesterday about cutting off my referral payments in May as I do not have an active Phone or Broadband account. I guess it was good while it lasted.

I would consider changing back to Plusnet but I am currently in the middle of a 12 month contract with another ISP so I cannot leave without penalties.

If I decide to re-activate my account in say 6 months will the referrals on my account start up again or will they all be wiped out? The email is not clear on this.

Thanks,

Peter

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Thanks for your private message John.

Nice to see your still there working at Plusnet

Always. Smiley

I have just now opened a new Plusnet account at a new address. I will PM you the username. Maybe it would be practical to wait until it goes live, just in case of new account problems - I have had one or two of them in the past. There is also a new referral to be added to one of my PAYG accounts 😉 and it's not showing up just yet.

It is probably best to wait until the new account goes live, but I'll confirm things for you when I'm back in the office over the weekend.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@Anoush,

I'm really sorry to say but it's been a recent decision to stop the referral payments on non-active broadband accounts.. 

If this is a change to the T & C's ( which it would appear to be! ) are you planning to email ALL people with active referrals and NOT just those directly affected ?

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

does this mean that email only accounts will also lose their referrals

and what about PlusNet Residential Generic Services Product which is free

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I don't believe this isn't a change to the T&Cs, it's enforcing the T&Cs that have been there.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

@Chris please address the specific points in my post as the T&C would seem to stop it for those accounts

If you cancel your Plusnet broadband and phone service and/or you decide to leave us, any outstanding referral credit not yet applied to subscription charges will be lost and cannot be converted to a monetary value. Referral credits are non-transferable between account holders.

this would also seem to mean that they can't be transferred which isn't what was inferred above

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

does this mean that email only accounts will also lose their referrals

I'm checking on that as the T&Cs do state broadband and/or phone accounts can have referrals.

and what about PlusNet Residential Generic Services Product which is free

I'm afraid not.

this would also seem to mean that they can't be transferred which isn't what was inferred above

We can transfer them as part of this communication on a case by case basis.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

This isn't a change to the T&Cs, it's enforcing the T&Cs that have been there.

If you say so Chris, I don't have a copy of the previous ones!

All i do know is that as long as i can remember it's always been said that, on leaving,, a generic services account is required to retain referral payments. That appears to no longer be true...