cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to switch ISP

dgrantscotland

Looking to switch ISP

I am planning to switch ISP as of today due to Plusnet.

I received an automated e-mail today, explaining that I am due to pay £67.69. Which was odd because as far as I was aware, I had no issues. It turns out when I looked into it

It turns out when I looked into it, I owe them 67 quid of back pay because they didn't take money out of my account due to a glitch at the end, but what I didn't appreciate was how they handled it, an automated e-mail expecting me to play without an explanation of why.

I had my Dad call on my behalf (I live alone) because I am deaf, and some calls can be very difficult to hear. E-mail or webchats are much more convenient for me.

Upon explanation, it was a glitch at their end, and they couldn't take the monthly payment off for a few months. (I find that hard to believe otherwise I would have been contacted within a month on Decembers pay that there was an issue) Last payment was in November 2019. Due to the law, they could only backdate 3 months. No apology for the inconvenience in the phone call.

So overall. I received:

- An automated e-mail explaining how much I am due, with no reason behind the high cost. 

- Little explanation for this bill, with no apology for the inconvenience after calling (if they saw my monthly bill and that the payment was higher than usual, I would have explained this more thorough and actually apologise!) 

I would try to use webchat but due to the epidemic, its currently not an option for me which is very disappointing. 

I'm already looking to switch to another ISP because of the lack of customer service I have received, and how this has all been handled. 

If you can beat Sky's offer of £27 a month which is cheaper than what I'm paying you, with much better customer service, then I may consider staying, but that's up to you to decide. 

4 REPLIES 4
Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Re: Looking to switch ISP

Hi @dgrantscotland

I am really sorry to hear that.

As you are already aware, billing system is automated, every bill, email and service notice is generated automatically.

I understand your frustration but it is impossible for us to contract every customer who have higher than usual bill in other way than automated email. Detailed information about bill and dates it cover is on bill itself.

You can view your bills on Member Centre, on 4th page of your last bill there is detailed information about that bill with exact dates.

There are several issues with our billing system which our engineers are working on

As stated by yourself, we are charging for last 3 months in situations like this, so in your case - you had one month of service for free due to issues with our billing system.

Unfortunately our Web Chat is currently closed, but you can create ticket and contact our Customer Service Team on Member Centre here

Please accept apologies for this inconvenience.

dgrantscotland

Hi Tibzor, 

Thank you for your response. 

Unfortunately due the circumstances I am in with the company. I wish to make a complaint. I tried to ask how to raise a complaint through one of your colleagues from Facebook messaging (after querying about my recent bills) but the second I mentioned the word "complaint" there has been no response at all, scampered away from my impression of the interaction. 

Webchat is down, and I cannot use the phones too well due to my hearing disability. Do you have an e-mail or is there a member of staff in Complaints that can contact me directly here or via e-mail please so I can raise the issue. I have let down severely after being a customer for this company for 8 years. 

Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I am really sorry for bad experience you have had on Facebook.

I have created open complaint ticket on your account here and added all posts from this thread so it will be visible on both platforms. You can comment on this complaint under member centre with any relevant information you want to provide us and I will be in touch.

I will now take ownership of this case. Please be aware that I am unable to provide any details about your account here on public forum but I am able to answer all your questions on our ticket system.

dgrantscotland

Thank you Tibzor, I will look into this and add more details. 

Considering the circumstances I really appreciate you taking ownership of this.