Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to leave for FTTP

disk0
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Looking to leave for FTTP

I signed up for the Openreach voucher scheme and I am currently shopping around for FTTP as it is now available in my street.  I'd happily stay with Plusnet if FTTP was on the table and despite reading about the offer of FTTP coming autumn 2021 of course it never happened.

From a cursory look at my account, it appears I am in contract until April 2022, and just wondering if I will get charged the full 4 months for leaving despite being a customer for a number of years?

2 REPLIES 2
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Looking to leave for FTTP

@disk0  it has been well documented on this forum that you can leave Plusnet and go to an FTTP service on one of the BT family ISPs, that is BT retail or EE and you will not be charged any early termination fees. It would be much simpler if Plusnet got their act together and started supplying FTTP but it seems they haven't quite got there yet.🙄

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Looking to leave for FTTP

@RealAleMadrid wrote:

it has been well documented on this forum that you can leave Plusnet and go to an FTTP service on one of the BT family ISPs, that is BT retail or EE and you will not be charged any early termination fees. 

That's correct though we'd need those who are looking to move to BT or EE for FTTP while in contract to call our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 so we can make sure we don't charge a termination fee. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet