cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long-time Satisfied user, first time Furious User - thanks to bad Chat experience

FIXED
Anon
Pro

Re: Long-time Satisfied user, first time Furious User - thanks to bad Chat experience

First complained to Ombudsman Services 7th March 2019 about Pnet's billing, easy to complete the form.

Spoke to Ombudsman Services on the phone about their decision 4th April 2019.

Awarded a free get out of Pnet card if I wished (but have declined that because I read the horror stories on here about billing when and after leaving) and £30 compensation from Pnet, which I accepted.

4 weeks from complaint to resolution with a detailed phone call from OS is fast IMO and certainly easy.

I trust that offers you the information you requested to back up that I know what I am talking about. Done it, got the T shirt.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Re: Long-time Satisfied user, first time Furious User - thanks to bad Chat experience

Hello @dirpluscom

We are happy to hear the feedback for Faris, however I am deeply sorry to hear of your recent experience since that point.

Once a payment fails, your account goes into 'failed billing'. On Days 1, 5 & 10 of failed billing your browsing will be interrupted by a 'splash screen'. This splash screen is a reminder that payment is due, but can be bypassed by you selecting the option to 'acknowledge and continue browsing' (this is only view-able on an internet browser and not apps) and once done your browsing will return to normal. More detail on this process can be found here. >

We are aware of a small number of customers that are not seeing the splash screen when interruptions are applied meaning this cannot be bypassed on your side. 

We are also aware that there has been some customer’s payment details that are not registering with the billing system correctly and it requires them to be setup again to resolve this issue. I have looked into this for you and responded here via the account due to it being account specific.

I really appreciate your honesty on this and the wording of the automatic ticket that are sent and will absolutely pass this to the correct team. However I cannot advise if or when this will change as the ticket provides the correct information.

We’re aware that a small number of customers are still experiencing problems from our new billing system and we’re working hard to fix these legacy issues. We want to reassure those affected that may not have received a bill from us recently, we’re doing all we can to get everything back on track. We’re sorry that this isn’t the service customers have come to expect from us and give our assurance this will be sorted as soon as we can.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
dirpluscom
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Hi Sammy,

Thanks for reading and posting.

"Once a payment fails, your account goes into 'failed billing'. On Days 1, 5 & 10 of failed billing your browsing will be interrupted by a 'splash screen'." - sounds sensible enough, but not what happens on either IE11 or Firefox (with Norton Security as AV).

If you read my previous post again you'll see that what actually happens is that it is possible to visit some sites, but on others (e.g. PlusNet...) you just get the 'can't display page' standard message. Non browser based services (such as Sonos accessing  TuneIn) also fail.

"More detail on this process can be found here. >" - can't see any link?

"We are aware of a small number of customers that are not seeing the splash screen when interruptions are applied meaning this cannot be bypassed on your side. " - I have to take issue with this - if the Dev Team are claiming this, then they need to explain why exactly 'not seeing' is happening. A browser page splash screen is not the most difficult thing to display after all...  and therefore I have to say I can't believe their claim of it being 'a small number' until they can provide you with a coherent explanation of why only a small number would be thus affected.

"I have looked into this for you and responded here via the account due to it being account specific. " - Hi Sammy, I can see that you have given a detailed reply via my account page (thanks) - I'll retry the payment info as requested and let you know if there are problems.

"we’re doing all we can to get everything back on track" - I'm convinced that you and others in the Support team are doing that, but I'm not entirely sure that the dev team are aware of the pressure that frontline staff must be facing. Frankly, if I was a Manager in the Support Team, I'd be telling the Dev Team manager to drag his people onto the phone lines for a morning, just to give them a flavour of what Support staff are having to deal with. They might then have more motivation to provide a timely solution - after 7+ months of not having done so.

Thanks again for your work in trying to resolve this.

dirpluscom
Dabbler

Thanks. Good to know that, like me and others here (for now), overall you remain satisfied enough with most aspects of PlusNet's service to stay with them rather than move to another provider.

"Awarded a free get out of Pnet card if I wished (but have declined that because I read the horror stories on here about billing when and after leaving) and £30 compensation from Pnet, which I accepted."

- given how easy and effective you found the Ombudsman procedures, I'm sure that if you did leave and PlusNet tried to bill you, then you would no doubt secure a timely refund and further compensation?

Having said that, I've just noticed that you continue to display a signature that suggests dissatisfaction with PlusNet:

"Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet. "

Surely if you dislike the firm so much, the thing to do is simply to leave? Especially now that you are on such good terms with the Ombudsman and would have his/her support should any billing issues occur?

Personally, I always walk if I don't like a firm - life's too short to sit around whining when you can just be off and away.

Anon
Pro

Thanks for the advice, with all of 8 posts under  your belt and registered for 2 weeks I am sure that you know and understand the workings of Pnet intimately.

I am absolutely ecstatic with Pnet, free broadband, and a relatively short contract left who would move?

I have seen Pnet in some bad siuations, with threats to sue customers, I am sure you remmber that too, customers harvesting emails and being threatend by Pnet to set the police on them, I am sure you remember that too...oh dear perhaps I have been around a bit longer than you.

But in all that I have never seen them so badly organised, and take actions which can take customers to court when they have done nothing, never seen the billing system in such a mess that people are being overcharged and having real problems getting it back. Before it became apparent to me how bad things were, how people were risking getting stains on their credit record so that they could not get a mortgage, I was willing to leave, but these new tactics of Pnet to keep customers by ensuring they dare not leave is certainly a new one for them.  If you care to interpret that as being satisfied then you are welcome to do so, but I am certain that some people have some sense.

I have wasted enough time now setting out where I am for you and I shall not comment on your posts further. Not even to to add LOL when you also get peed off with Pnet, which ofcourse I hope does not happen, but with Pnet, over the years I have learned that one day they come for you.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
dirpluscom
Dabbler

I've obviously hit a raw nerve.

"Thanks for the advice, with all of 8 posts under  your belt and registered for 2 weeks I am sure that you know and understand the workings of Pnet intimately."

Yes, I noticed that perceived status is an important thing for you from earlier posts. Actually I am an IT guy who has had various accounts (for various companies) with PlusNet since they started - so before you were on the scene in fact.

This particular account is fairly recent, hence I had to register for the forum comparatively recently also (to link the forum account with the user account). You clearly had not thought of that possibility when casting your aspersions - a sign of a closed mind, I'm afraid.

The undeniable fact is that you remain with PlusNet, and pay for and use their services - despite ranting on and on about how awful they are. Strange indeed.

I have specifically checked with PlusNet regarding the credit rating aspect - and they have confirmed in writing that this is not an issue. So, nothing for you to be scared of.

"but with Pnet, over the years I have learned that one day they come for you."

Yes, indeed - the padded cell - the knock at the door in the night - the screams of agony - the torture equipment.... now, why don't they show that in the TV adverts instead of that nice chunky guy with the Northern accent? I'd be taking this to the Advertising Standards Authority if I were you...

(eyes rolling)

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

I'm surprised @Anon found the time to contact the Ombudsmen service as he seems to spend a lot of time on this forum looking for and upvoting any negative comments regarding Plusnet.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @dirpluscom,

Sorry I did leave the link off my last response, that was my error. The process can be found here, under section 6, I assure you it is there this time. 

I really appreciate the concerns you have raised and I will ensure they are passed on.  In the meantime I have updated your ticket further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team