Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long telephone waits

paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Long telephone waits

I have just called PN to request a mac key and was told the waiting time is in excess of 10 minutes, this is disgracful. As I can't request a key online I suppose I will have to write. For a company that is suppose to promote good customer service its a bit of a joke.
9 REPLIES 9
paulgul
Rising Star

Re: Long telephone waits

Just rang again, wait times still over 10 minutes, there must be a lot of customers requesting their mac keys - I wonder why
MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

At least they're upfront with how long you'll have to wait - it's very rare for this to happen with other companies and when you don't know it seems forever!
I was going to suggest taking a look at https://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212&helpheader=rhmcallstats as it gives the waiting time stats to allow you to pick the best time to call (I dare say lunchtime it the worst) but it says that the longest waiting time is currently 29 seconds so perhaps it doesn't apply to whoever you're calling.
My only other advice is relax! Life's too short to be pulling your hair out at the prospect of a telephone queue. That or just wait in line like everyone else - you'd have been though by now! Wink
Mathew
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Those stats are for the CSC, as opposed to the Customer Options Team, the two have their own call queues.
Please bear in mind that lunchtimes are often our busiest time of the day and we do aim to answer all calls but this is often hard to achieve when calls are higher than normal and our staff need to eat and have regular breaks, etc.
Can I ask why you're thinking of leaving? Is there anything that we can do to help?
paulgul
Rising Star

Quote from: Ben

Can I ask why you're thinking of leaving? Is there anything that we can do to help?

Well its gone lunch time and I've just tried again and guess what, still over 10minute waiting time. I'm not at home mornings or afternoons so I'm limited to the times I can ring especially as you don't take calls after 5-30pm.
The reason I'm leaving, better value elsewhere, I'm switching to BE who can offer unlimited downloads, no traffic shaping for under £14/month. As I'm a usenet user the traffic shaping is important to me which is why I'm on pro now at £20/month - and in view of whats happening now I suppose you can add poor customer support as another reason to leave.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I can certainly match the price for 12 months, that's no problem. I can't match the usage though. If you'd like to take this up then please let me know.
As an aside, the wait times on the telephone are set manually and are not always 100% accurate as call wait times will naturally ebb and flow.
Please don't forget that you can also send your MAC / cancellation request in writing if you have to.
paulgul
Rising Star

Quote from: Ben
I can certainly match the price for 12 months, that's no problem. I can't match the usage though. If you'd like to take this up then please let me know.

Is that with no traffic shaping - ie same a pro account? If so we might have a deal - usage is not to important for me
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yes it's still on Pro. I'll change you to the new Plusnet Pro as opposed to your current Broadband Your Way Pro. The only difference between the products is the price, as you're in a low cost area. The traffic management and usage allowances are exactly the same. I'll apply a discount to reduce your subscription to £14 for 12 months, after which the price will revert to £16.49 instead of your current £19.99.
I'm glad that we could work things out, please let me know if there's anything else that I can do Smiley
paulgul
Rising Star

Ok Ben, thanks for that, My billing date is tomorrow, will the new price apply then or in a months time.
Paul
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It starts tomorrow Cheesy