cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link to change direct debit online, please?

FIXED
neilamartin
Dabbler

Link to change direct debit online, please?

I just moved half a dozen direct debits from one bank account to another ONLINE. But Plusnet doesn't seem to offer this simple, basic and essential service. If I need to wait in your phone queue my fee is £1 per minute. Please confirm that you will deduct the relevant amount from my bill including all of the time I'm forced to wait for introductory messages. 

Alternatively, please add the facility for me to make this change and provide me with the link. And please don't even think of offering a patronising explanation of why you can't provide this common facility.

Many thanks in advance

10 REPLIES 10
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Link to change direct debit online, please?

If I need to wait in your phone queue my fee is £1 per minute

its,an 0800 number,  its free!

https://www.plus.net/contact-us/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

neilamartin
Dabbler

MY fee for MY time is £1 per minute. It should not be necessary for me to wait in a phone queue and listen to all the recorded blurb in order to achieve something that I should be able to do online in moments.

If anyone else has a patronising and unhelpful answer, perhaps you would be so good as to keep it to yourself. Thanks.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

@neilamartin 

You can change your payment method / direct debit by logging into your account online and clicking on the billing tab or going here https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=mybillsandpayments

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
neilamartin
Dabbler

Thank you @Anoush for trying to help.

Perhaps it's just my account that does not show this option. I've tried a couple of browsers, just to make sure that's not the problem. I guess it must be a technical glitch, which I find easier to forgive. I'll call tomorrow.

Neil

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Fix

@neilamartin 

I got a hunch. Try zooming out using your web browser. You should then hopefully see a change payment method button at the bottom of the billing tab. 

The footer of the webpage can hide it for some browsers / resolutions but zooming out has been known to fix.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
neilamartin
Dabbler

Hi @Anoush 

That seemed like a really daft suggestion, especially as I had tried multiple browsers already. But out of courtesy I tried it... and it worked! 🙂

Thank you very much for solving the problem for me. Have a great day.

Neil

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

If anyone else has a patronising and unhelpful answer, perhaps you would be so good as to keep it to yourself. Thanks.

@neilamartin It was not intended to be patronising or unhelpful. I misunderstood your post, we do get people on the forums using old 0845/0345 numbers and complaining of charges. I was merely trying to ensure you had the correct number.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

neilamartin
Dabbler

Fairy snuff, @MisterW. In that case thanks for trying to help. Have a good day 🙂

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problem @neilamartin I'm glad to see that worked.

Let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
neilamartin
Dabbler

>>>>> Let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with

Now I have an email entitled 'Failed Direct Debit instruction' to which of course I can't respond. It suggests I log in via the members centre to check the direct debit details are correct - they are. It suggests that my bank didn't approve my direct debit instruction at this time - the direct debit appears to be set up properly and there are sufficient funds in the account.

So I've done everything properly (after some help from you), and now I've double checked everything looks right. But the email finishes up by threatening me with 'failed payment charges' even though there is no way to make a manual payment.

I'll tell you one thing right now: it is VERY bad practice to send any message threatening charges or action to which the recipient cannot respond directly. It is rude, and causes unnecessary stress, particularly to people who are meticulous about paying their bills. Have a look at my account - I've been with Plusnet many years and NEVER missed a payment. And Plusnet should be ashamed of itself. I'm sure you'll forgive me for feeling a bit cross!

Diolch

Neil