Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lines not open

brummies
Dabbler

Lines not open

Hi,
I just tried calling Plusnet to get my MAC (on the 30th day) of recieving my email but it states it is closed?
How do I go about notifying I want my MAC? I thought it was open Monday-Sunday?
Today is my last day to give in my notice so I need to do it today.
Cheers.
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Lines not open

This is where you get your MAC
Residential cancellations
   0800 013 2632
   0330 123 9197
   Monday to Friday: 9.00am - 8.00pm (Except Bank Holidays)
   Saturday: 9.00am - 5.30pm
As you have missed the deadline if you wait until Monday Tuesday I suggest raising a ticket advising that you are not prepared to accept the changes and this may well provide a marker as the email you received stated
Terms and Conditions
For full details of our terms and conditions, please click here.

^ If, as a result of the changes in this email, you decided to terminate your affected service(s), you may do so without incurring the Early Termination Charge(s) that may otherwise be payable. If you wish to exercise this right you must contact us within 30 days of receiving this notification and gives us 14 days notice. You will still be liable for service charges up to the date of termination.  
It doesn't say anything about contacting cancellations only that you must contact them. Obviously to obtain the MAC you will need to contact Cancellations
You may have to argue this point and I don't know if you will win
brummies
Dabbler

Hmm a tricky situation.
I will give it a go. I am theoretically just contacting them on the 30th day so I can't see it being a problem.
I will open a ticket thanks Oldjim.
Also just realised it is bank holiday tomorrow and according to that they aren't open tomorrow either.. it could get a bit sticky there.
brummies
Dabbler

Ok.
So just to update I managed to get through to the department today and they were very helpful I must add he gave me my MAC and offered me 2 deals (one which is very decent)
however on the same page as my MAC key it says I have outstanding fees to pay.
The fees are as follows:

- Plusnet Unlimited Fibre £51.75
- Broadband service refund for 13 days £-8.66

Notice period (days): 1

Total outstanding fees: £43.09
To me looking at the my account summary page it seems they haven't taken into consideration the penalty free bit and just put the charge in full to cancel my account.
Plusnet Unlimited Fibre £51.75(upon cancellation)
I would've just updated the ticket but the ticket says "Your Help Assistant Question is now being placed on hold." so wasn't sure to update it or not.
Can someone pick this up and look into it please? Why the charge?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi brummies,
I'm getting this sorted out for you now. I'll update the account confirming further information. Sorry for any confusion caused!