Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line rental saver- rennewal reminder

greengrass
Grafter

Line rental saver- rennewal reminder

Hello,

I have just received an e-mail telling me that my "line Rental Saver contract will finish soon", actually I have another

2 months left I think.

Can you please tell me what the cost will be if paying for 12 months line rental in advance?

My unlimited broadband also runs out on the same day, is there a package for both that would work out cheaper?

Could you please provide a link for the different packages PN offers as I would like to compare with other providers.

This link appears to be for new customers not existing customers I think.

https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/

24 REPLIES 24
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Line rental saver- rennewal reminder

Hello @greengrass

Line rental saver costs £185.88. You'll effectively save £30 on your line rental over the 12 months.

If you would like to look into renewing your contract, it would be best to give our Customer Options Team a call on 0800 013 2632 (Selecting option 1, then option 2).

Open from 8am tomorrow morning, to 8pm in the evening with the same hours through to Friday. There's usually very little wait, if any.

I hope this helps you.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
greengrass
Grafter

Hello Anoush,

Thank-you for your reply.

Yes I will call the number you gave me.

Do you think it is a bit early for me to do that as I have another 2 months left on my contract?

Or is there a chance the line rental and BB charges could go up before that?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Nope, you'll be able to renew within the last 3 months of your contract.

You'll pay the monthly rate of your line rental once the saver expires. And when you're out of contract you'll lose any broadband discounts.

If you call us next week I'm sure we can offer you a competitive deal.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
greengrass
Grafter

Thank-you for the help Anoush,

I made the mistake of renewing my electricity contract a couple of months early and instead of the letting the current cheaper tariff run I was put on a higher tariff immediately Smiley

So I will call the number you gave me next week and see what they have to offer and if I renew with PN I will make sure my current charges stay the same until the contract ends in 2 months time.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No problem. Smiley

Sounds like a plan.
greengrass
Grafter

Hello Anoush,

I wanted to let you know what happened when I called the number you gave me.

I spoke to a helpful lady (I don't think I am allowed to mention names) and she spoke to her supervisor and came back

with I can pay £185:88 line rental in advance, same no charge for BB and 99p for caller display.

As my contract does not run out until the 16th of march she said I could lose 2 months of my BB contract by doing it now so she has made a note in her diary to call me back on the 20th February so that I can pay the line rental and start the new 12 month BB contract on March 17th.

I have also upgraded to anytime calls costing £8 a month which starts on January 17th.

Thanks for your help.

If you get time to look at my account and details, please correct me if I have understood anything incorrectly.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I've just looked into your account, @greengrass

Yeah, that's what the adviser you spoke to has offered you Smiley

greengrass
Grafter

Many thanks for doing that Anoush.

greengrass
Grafter

I received a text yesterday from PlusNet telling me that my contract runs out shortly and they will call me in the next few days regarding a new deal. I can opt out by clicking the link but my phone is not set up for that so I don't know how to cancel it. Would you be able to do that please?

As you know I have already arranged for .... to call me Monday 20th February, when I will pay the 12 months line rental in advance.

My BB carries on at the same cost for 12 months.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I've changed the telephone comms option on your account to opt-out.

As you've received the text from us this indicates the call is already scheduled so I've sent an email to my colleague with contacts in Marketing now to try to stop the call from being made.

greengrass
Grafter

Thank-you very much for doing that Anoush.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No problems, if there's anything else I can help with just let me know.

greengrass
Grafter

Hello Anoush,

As you know .... was supposed to call me yesterday. I triple checked with her during our conversation on January 17th, 10:05 am.

I waited in yesterday from 7:30 am to 11 pm by my landline and had my mobile with me, payment card ready and she did not call me as promised.

I think you even told me she wrote it in her dairy to call me on the 20th.

This was to pay line rental in advance to start from March 16th 2017.

Not impressed at all.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you hadn't received a call back as agreed.

I'll try to find out what happened today.

The adviser you originally spoke to isn't in the office today I'm afraid so unable to determine what's happened. I have however arranged for one of my sales & retentions colleagues to call you back today.

Can you private message me with the best time and contact number?

Thanks.