Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line rental saver query

ajax
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Line rental saver query

I received the following email from Plusnet today:

‘Your Line Rental Saver contract is due to expire on 05/12/2021.

We no longer offer Line Rental Saver, so you'll start paying the monthly line rental price set out in our Price Guide on 05/12/2021.’

In the Price Guide I read:

‘The prices below apply to customers who have:

Signed up before 1st September 2016 and have not changed their call plan to one of those listed in the table above.

Line Rental Saver** £213.03 for 12 months paid in advance. Equivalent to £17.76 per month line rental.

**Line Rental Saver is no longer available to new customers signing up to Plusnet from 31st March 2020.’

I signed up before 2016 and haven’t changed my call plan since, so there appears to be a discrepancy between the contents of the email I received and this section of the Price Guide. Have I misunderstood something?

13 REPLIES 13
bksdj

Re: Line rental saver query

I received the same as you today and but my saver runs out 21st October.

I had a look at my bill due 22nd and see that £213.03 has been included. 

I'm ashamed to say I have no idea what the current line rental cost per month is!

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

The equivalent cost of line rental may have been that amount back in 2016 but currently the monthly cost is £21.22 so this would be what you’d pay when your line rental saver comes to an end. 

The exception to this rule is if you’re within a fixed price contract in which case the monthly cost of line rental will be fixed at the price it was when you agreed the contract, for the length of the contract term.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
RadioFox
Grafter

@ajax wrote:

I received the following email from Plusnet today:

‘Your Line Rental Saver contract is due to expire on 05/12/2021.

We no longer offer Line Rental Saver, so you'll start paying the monthly line rental price set out in our Price Guide on 05/12/2021.’

In the Price Guide I read:

‘The prices below apply to customers who have:

Signed up before 1st September 2016 and have not changed their call plan to one of those listed in the table above.

Line Rental Saver** £213.03 for 12 months paid in advance. Equivalent to £17.76 per month line rental.

**Line Rental Saver is no longer available to new customers signing up to Plusnet from 31st March 2020.’

I signed up before 2016 and haven’t changed my call plan since, so there appears to be a discrepancy between the contents of the email I received and this section of the Price Guide. Have I misunderstood something?

I also noticed today that the price guide page says that LRS has only been discontinued for new customers. If this is no longer the case, perhaps the wording should be changed to reflect the current situation.

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/plusnet-price-guide-for-residential-products/?_ga=2.78411156.1018934...

ajax
Rising Star

I cannot now find the item I quoted 6 weeks ago. Moreover the only reference to line rental I can find in the webpage now mentioned is about the annual price increase. Where exactly in the page is the statement made that you are referring to?

RadioFox
Grafter

under

Plusnet Phone price guide

Plusnet call plans

^^ Line Rental Saver is no longer available to new customers signing up to Plusnet from 31st March 2020.

ajax
Rising Star

Yes, found it – thank you. So there is a discrepancy between the message I and others have received (‘Your Line Rental Saver contract is due to expire on 05/12/2021. We no longer

offer Line Rental Saver, so you'll start paying the monthly line rental price set out in our Price Guide’) and the following statement on Plusnet Phone Price Guide:

’The prices below apply to customers who have:

• Signed up before 1st September 2016 and have not changed their call plan to one of those listed in the table above

Line Rental Saver  £213.03 for 12 months paid in advance. Equivalent to £17.76 per month line rental’

I will raise an Online Ticket in an attempt to get clarification - unless anyone else has an answer.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@ajax  Not quite sure what you are claiming to be a discrepancy, Line Rental Saver is discontinued for all customers. The Line Rental saver price in 2016 is history and irrelevant. Your question has been answered in message #3 of this thread, in all probability you will be paying £21.22 a month for line rental,  unless you are still in a fixed price contract which is unlikely.

bksdj

Now being billed £21.22 for line rental now the saver has finished.

Makes it easier to change broadband suppliers when contract is up next September as I am informed I will be then be paying over £30 for phone and broadband and that not even fibre as it's not in my road despite being a newly built estate unless I want Virgin.

RadioFox
Grafter

@RealAleMadrid wrote:

@ajax  Not quite sure what you are claiming to be a discrepancy, Line Rental Saver is discontinued for all customers. The Line Rental saver price in 2016 is history and irrelevant. Your question has been answered in message #3 of this thread, in all probability you will be paying £21.22 a month for line rental,  unless you are still in a fixed price contract which is unlikely.

The discrepancy is that Plusnet's own price guide page says that LRS has been discontinued for new customers. There's no mention of it being discontinued for existing customers.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Just to confirm, we've stopped line rental saver for everybody, but we've still got a lot of great & competitive offers, so I'd recommend calling our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 if you're out of contract or within the last 3 months of your contract's end date, and we'll be happy to discuss your renewal with you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Home Phone to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
ajax
Rising Star

If you've 'stopped line rental saver for everybody' I suggest you would do well to make that abundantly clear in the price guide and thus avoid customers having to pursue what is plainly a discrepancy between what you have communicated to users individually and what the price guide says. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Our line rental saver page explicitly says we no longer offer line rental saver but absolutely I agree and I'll get it raised with our Digital team as we're still in the process of revamping our Help & Support site. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet