Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line rental saver dates + renewal questions

peter6000
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Line rental saver dates + renewal questions

Hello!
My annual line rental will be up for renewal soon, but I don't know the exact dates. Is there any where I can see this in the Member Centre?
Also, I'm thinking of switching from my "up-to-86Mb" package to "up-to-38Mb" since the best I've ever got is circa 46Mb and that was wired to the router. Looking at the current packages available, there's no mention of the line-rental-saver (pay up front for 12 months) option; has it been discontinued?
Are there other options I should consider?
Cheers,
Peter.
5 REPLIES 5
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Line rental saver dates + renewal questions

You should get a reminder email 2 (or perhaps 3) months before rental saver expires. The system allows you to renew from 3 months before expiry.
You can check current status by logging into the Member Centre and going to www.plus.net/rentalsaver/
If you do renew early you should receive an email acknowledging the payment. Don't be alarmed if that tells you LRS will be activated on your next billing date - it will actually start when the present one expires (though it's wise to check it happens correctly).
If you want to change to the 40/20 fibre product you will need to give the Customer Options Team a call - it can't be done via the Member Centre. Enquiring about a deal for re-contracting might be beneficial while you are speaking to the COT.
COT contact details
    From landlines 0800 013 2632
    From mobiles: 0330 123 9197
    8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
    9am - 7pm Saturday
    9am - 6pm Sunday
David
David
peter6000
Grafter

Thanks David - that's perfect!  Smiley
peter6000
Grafter

tl;dr I wanted to switch from an up-to-76Mb product to an up-to-38Mb one in order to save £5 per month, but this doesn't appear to have happened. Can this be resolved without me having to phone up and waste approx. 30 minutes of my life?! Cheesy

Longer version:
Okay, so I phoned and asked to switch my product to the "Unlimited Fibre" (up to 38Mb) one, and agreed to 18 months renewal to get a "Fair Deal" discount. I've just noticed that the invoice I got has the Fair Deal discount, but I'm still being charged the same for "Plusnet Unlimited Fibre".
Not sure if the confusion is because the product I started with was called "Plusnet Unlimited Fibre", but you've since introduced the up-to-38Mb product and called _that_ "Unlimited Fibre" and the product I was effectively on has been renamed as "Unlimited Fibre Extra"? I only mention that because it did seem to cause a little confusion when I was on the phone to the plusnet COT person!
To add insult in injury, I just plugged a laptop into the router and speedtest.net says I'm getting 37ish Mb download, so it looks like I'm getting the cheaper product at the cost of the more expensive product!
So can this be resolved easily (i.e. without me phoning ideally) and can I get a credit for my last invoice?
Cheers,
Peter.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi Peter,
I've issued a refund for the £5 overcharge and made sure your broadband package is correct moving forward  Smiley Apologies for any inconvenience.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
peter6000
Grafter

Thanks Harry - that's marvellous! Cheesy
Have a great weekend,
Peter.