cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line rental saver about to expire - should i stay or should i go?

pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Line rental saver about to expire - should i stay or should i go?

So my LRS is about to expire, and with it my 12 month offer of 'free' ADSL broadband for 12 months.

The way I see it is if i stay whjere i am i will be paying £17.99/month line rental and £9.99  ADSL £27.98 a month.

Plusnet do not offer 12month deals, and their current customer deals arent that great, as it would be cheaper to jump ship, the change product page currently offers up:

Fibre £14.99 plus line rental = £32.98 over an 18 moth contract

fibre extra 19.99+Line rent = £37.98

Virgin media have also been digging away and they now offer ultra fast for £32 a month ( incl line rental) although they also have a few introductory offers

I'm also looking at Origin talk talk and a few more.

7 REPLIES 7
LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Line rental saver about to expire - should i stay or should i go?

Why not give Plusnet retentions a call on 0800 013 2632, or 0330 123 9197 from a mobile. You can only ask.

see

https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/thinking-of-leaving/

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Pint,

As LifeonMars suggests it's worth giving us a call and seeing what our customer options team can offer you.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Chris wrote

As LifeonMars suggests it's worth giving us a call and seeing what our customer options team can offer you.

Answer  to that - Nothing - they dont care, was a waste of time trying.

Just made a (quick) call, it appears that plusnet wont budge one bit, or didnt  seem to care, no deals no cashback nothing - existing customers dont get a look in

Been offered Fibre for 18 months - no deals available for existing customers, 33.98/month take it or leave it, the 12 month deal on the main webpage £24.99 for 12 months is only for new customers, current customers are not allowed any deals.

ADSL for £28.98 although there was some confusion and this could be £18.98, plus call package this would be £25/month.

I mentioned better deals about, and was told "i suppose there are" and something along the lines of you have to go with who ever offers better prices, which after quoting a few deals this clearly isnt plusnet.

These are my options so far - currently shopping around theres a few more to add to the list

Stay as is on/with plusnet ADSL

£28.98 a month (9.99 ADSL plus 18.98 line rental)   £347.96 total over 1 year

Upgrade to plusnet fibre

£14.99/month+line rental=£33.98  £407.76 total cost over a year

Move to Origin ADSL  and pay up front for 12 months service at £172.49 saving £175.47 over plusnet

upgrade to Origin Fibre £25.99/month £311.98 Origin Fibre would work out £35.98 cheaper than plusnets ADSL over a 12 month period

Talk talk £26.50 for fibre, compared to plusnets £33.98 talk talk £98 cheaper than plusnet over 12 months

Virgin media have been busy digging up the road, and are now active, they charge £29/month for Fast broadband and phone, every now and again they send special offers through - so prices may be cheaper.

Also looking into

IDnet fibre £25.60/month

Cloudscape £25/month

So there it is, no offers, no deals from plusnet - plenty out there form other providers, which even plunet state offer better deals.

time to start thinning the list down, at the moment the Origin deal - pay up front £172.99 https://www.originbroadband.com/packages/supersaver-deals  is looking the best option

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Quote fixed.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Isn't Origin just Plusnet under another brand name, like John Lewis?  They might give you a cheaper deal but don't expect a better service.

As far as I can see from this forum, moving to Virgin would mean paying a £30 cancellation fee to Plusnet.  For speed alone Virgin is hard to beat, although in my area (West London) their service has been a bit 'patchy'.

TalkTalk have often been the cheapest but their reputation leaves a lot to be desired.  Make sure you check out what their customers say about them or, even better, if you know someone - preferably local to you - who are with TalkTalk, ask for their views.

I don't know anything about IDnet or Cloudscape.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

No they are not they not the same. Origin resell PN in exchanges where they don't have their own equipment, were as JLB is fully supplied by PN , as you say JLB is just PN with a different name . 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jonpe
Hero

@ITWorks  Thanks for that clarification.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@pint

As per my response on your other thread, let us know if you'd like a call back to discuss renewing (whenever you're free)

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet