cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line rental saver Paid but Billed Again

daveb16

Line rental saver Paid but Billed Again

Having just joined PN I am a bit confused as to why the Card payment I made when setting up the account does not appear to have been allocated. So I now am being told I have to pay my Line Rental Saver by D/D again on 12th September. Having already paid it by Credit Card when setting up the account as part of a £215.99 payment on 15/08/2018 of which jut £18 has been credited to the account.

7 REPLIES 7
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Line rental saver Paid but Billed Again

Hi Dave,

A warm welcome to the forum. There’s a new billing system in town barely a week old and there are a few gremlins. The wizard @Gandalf is around this weekend and I’m sure he’ll know the answers.

However what is odd are the dates you’ve quoted. Your first bill is not due until the first month anniversary of your service being connected. It seems odd that you report having paid by CC on the 15th of August (sign up day?) and are already being billed again on 12th September.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

PhantomR
Grafter

@Townman I'm Not Trying To Tread On Any Toes But Dave Did Mention That it was the "Initial Account Setup Charge" That He Paid From His Credit Card..This is not exactly His Billing Date As i Found Out After I Setup My Account All Those Years Ago and based on The Amount Mentioned Hes Paid For LRS (Line Rental Saver) UPFRONT which is Billed at the time of Account setup just like Equipment/Activation Fee This Is Held Until His Line/Broadband Goes Live THEN Applied To The First Months Bill Which im Guessing Could Be Up To The 29th August and due to the New Billing Systems Current Issues It's Not Looking correctly at all Areas such as Account Credits /Payment Processor etc..this maybe the reason its asking Dave to Pay Again on the 12th (14 Days After Connection)

I Tried To Pay My Bill before this Started and even again Yesterday & It kept Declining My Card and i now have 3 Pending transactions on my bank account waiting to be cleared each time an operator has tried to pay it off however a ticket has been opened about this plus New 7.50 Charges On my account for late payment of the bill which are in the process of being credited because of the billing system failure which the advisor stated thats mainly what they had been doing all week so i know the teams are "Stressed" with the Issues"

Personally Dave...Dont Worry Untill The Billing System Is Fixed and payments can be properly Accepted !! If You Get an Error screen such as account restricted try to call customer service to see if they can take payments or reset the restriction splash screens back to live !!! And hopefully things will return to some kind of Normality around here which i know is Impossible.

Also the £18.00 credit will be from the Line Rental Saver (LRS) and you will see this credit against the current line rental price Against Each Months Line Rental Charge until your 12 months are Up and you should get a warning a month before to renew it or you will be manually charged at the current monthly rate.

Regards 

PhantomR

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

PR,

That’s the point I sought to make - the set update (and therefore the billing date) ought to be after the 15th September. A bill raised for payment on the 12th looks odd.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

PhantomR
Grafter

@Townman This Whole New Billing System Is Odd Compared To The Old Half working system...that was kinda MORE EFFECTIVE...hopefully They are getting close to fixing the bugs soon or at least restore the old billing system back in place for the time being...i did suggest that they put a page up to receive account payments in via paypal for example that requires a few account details to be submitted securely so they can take customers accounts out of arrears but still remove account restrictions while the teams in billing/development can work on billing system messup !!

But i did see what you meant about the date and i had to read the origjnal posts a couple of times to make sure i covered it lol.

Teamwork Requires a Team To Work Together Effectively !!

Regards

PhantomR

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and I'm sorry that this has happened.

I've raised a ticket on to your account for one of my team to make sure we refund you the overcharges once the invoice has been processed/is paid.

The alternative is to cancel your direct debit via your bank. We can then credit the appropriate amount off when the payment fails.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@Gandalf wrote:

The alternative is to cancel your direct debit via your bank. We can then credit the appropriate amount off when the payment fails.

@Gandalf

If a user decides to take the cancelation of the DD route, will Plusnet automatically reinstate the DD when the error has been corrected?

Whilst cancelling the DD is a quick pragmatic mitigation against being over charged and then needing to wait for the refund, it might create more issues and administration downstream of that action.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

If a user decides to take the cancelation of the DD route, will Plusnet automatically reinstate the DD when the error has been corrected?

No, a direct debit can only be (re-)instated by them I'm afraid.

We're monitoring this though and we'll make contact once the invoice has either cleared or failed.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet