Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line rental not refunded

tracys
Hooked

Line rental not refunded

Hello
After spending nearly 2 months getting my phone line switched to plusnet (one problem after another which without me constantly pushing would not have been resolved) I thought things would now run smoothly.
I paid for 12 months line rental in advance - my invoice then showed I was being charged for monthly line rental, so I rang up support and was told there is an issue with advance line rental and that every month until it is resolved the extra £13.99 would be debited along with my broadband fee, anytime calls and caller display charges. I wasn't happy about this but was assured that on the same day the money was debited, a refund would be issued and credited back to my account. This has not happened and as soon as I realised I rang again (on 19th June) to complain. I was told they were sorry and the money would be re-credited that day. It is now the 24th June and my bank account shows nothing from you.
I am not happy - I am on a really tight budget and the extra money going out sent me overdrawn - something I didn't realise for 3 days - and the whole point of me paying a years line rental in advance (out of my savings) was so I had less going out each month while things are so tight. In fact the whole reason I went with Plusnet in the first place was to consolidate my phone and broadband and thus pay less.
Is this going to happen every month and willl I have to constantly chase for refunds? Why is it taking so long to sort the issue out with Advance line rental - it seems it is not just me who has problems?
Thanks for any help on this  Smiley
2 REPLIES 2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Line rental not refunded

Hi there,
I can see the refund was issued on the 19th and there's also a ticket left with another agent to keep you updated regarding this issue. If it's not back with you yet it should be before the end of the week, unfortunately DD refunds take between 7 and 10 working days to go through.
Really sorry about this, we'll make sure to keep you updated.
tracys
Hooked

Re: Line rental not refunded

Thanks for the reply Smiley
The refund finally showed in my account on 1st July. I really really hope that this does not happen every month and cannot understand why the amount of my direct debit can not just be changed to the correct amount.