Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line rental Saver

forumtalker
Dabbler

Line rental Saver

Hi

I've renewed my contract and decided to pay my line rental in advance.  I've tried to do it online over the last couple of days but always get a message to say 'Try Later as it's not available at the moment.'

When will normal service be resumed?

regards

15 REPLIES 15
Anon
Pro

Re: Line rental Saver

Some of us have been asking that about billing for  6months, so don't hold your breath.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
forumtalker
Dabbler

Thanks for the warning!

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @forumtalker thanks for getting in touch.

I have reviewed the tickets on your account and can see that one of our advisors has picked up your comments regarding your trouble adding Line rental saver. He has advised he is currently monitoring this for you and will update you once the issue has been resolved. The relevant ticket can be viewed on your account here

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to let me know.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Satss wrote:

I have reviewed the tickets on your account and can see that one of our advisors has picked up your comments regarding your trouble adding Line rental saver. He has advised he is currently monitoring this for you and will update you once the issue has been resolved. The relevant ticket can be viewed on your account here

So!  Whilst this problem continues, what is the correct process to order LSR?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @MauriceC the process hasn't changed and customers can still order LRS over the phone or via the member centre. Those whose accounts have been affected by an issue preventing adding LRS, once reported will be added to the relevant incident tracker and we will provide further updates as and when this is resolved.

If there is anything we can assist you with on your account please do not hesitate to let us know.

Kind Regards,

Anon
Pro

That is a new admission that customers are also being affected when trying to get LRS.

Will the issues comming to the fore about this billing debacle never end??????????? Because looks like the debacle will never end.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@forumtalker, upon further investigation from what I can see you're unable to order line rental saver due to a pending change on your account, which is likely related to your contract renewal you've mentioned.

If you check back at http://www.plus.net/rentalsaver after your bill date when this has gone through, you'll be able to order it then to take effect as of the following billing date.

I've also added a reply to your support ticket 190366279 which I hope helps.

[edit]

Corrected link.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
forumtalker
Dabbler

Thanks.  If I wait until after my next bill date (June 14) I will pay one month in June and then 12 months.

The 12 month payment will take me beyond the end of the contract in June 2020, and I will have pre-paid  line rental up to July 13,2020,  but  I may no longer be with Plusnet. after June 13 2020.  The line rental isn't refundable if I change supplier.

Surely this cannot be right and I should be able to pay the advance rental for the period of the 12 month contract?

Am I missing something?

Regards

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us.

I'm afraid that line rental saver isn't directly related to a contract term, it's a service we offer if you would like to pay your line rental up front for 12 months to save a bit more money per month and it's not always possible to sync the two up.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
forumtalker
Dabbler

Can you confirm that when I pay the line rental in advance after the 14 June it will be at the rate given in my new contract details, even if in the meantime the line rental has increased?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm aware of no plans to increase line rental saver from the current price of £197.88. As we'd normally provide 30 days notice before doing a price refresh, I wouldn't expect the cost to increase before the 14/15th June.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

In response to attempting to renew LRS online I get

You're already signed up to Line Rental Saver.
This is due to expire on 01-06-2019. We'll contact you before this to let you know when you can renew the offer.

and not just after a new contract.

The ticket relating to the contract states:

"**YOU CAN PAY LINE RENTAL UP FRONT VIA THE LINK BELOW**

https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/line-rental-saver/"

I stated at the time of renewing that I would pay online before the end of MAY - so no excuses there.

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @PeeGee 

Sorry to hear you're unable to renew line rental saver.

I think I've got that sorted for you now, can you try again letting me know how it goes please?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

@Gandalf Thanks for that, you managed to clear the problem. In the interim, I had a chat with a very helpful member of the support team to see whether a payment could be made that way and who concluded the system was trying to process a payment (possibly your intervention) and is monitoring the account! He will now find a payment has gone through.

Phil

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.