cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental saver blocked after recontracting!

Sarah23
Dabbler

Line Rental saver blocked after recontracting!

The ability to purchase line rental saver through the website was available yesterday until right after I got off the phone with plusnet to arrange a new broadband contract. I was given the option to buy the LRS over the phone or online, I figured online would be faster and less faff with my bank card etc. However when I tried to renew it, the page suddenly says:

"You can't add Line Rental Saver for the moment. Unfortunately Customer Centre Members will not be able to do this for you either.
Our system may be updating. Please try again later."

Ok so I thought I just recontracted, maybe something is updating. I tried a few hours later and keep checking back today and it still won't let me purchase it. I'm worried I'm going to billed full price for line rental for this month since my LRS runs out tomorrow. Online chat isn't working again, but not sure if customer services can help me anyway - what are "customer centre members" exactly? Does that mean customer services or something to do with the forum?

7 REPLIES 7
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: Line Rental saver blocked after recontracting!

Hi @Sarah23,

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had there, I appreciate you contacting us about it.

It sounds like the re-contract did have something to do with it, however as you already had a day or so left where the previous Line Rental Saver was still applicable, the system may not have allowed the renewal just yet.

I would suggest speaking to our Customer Options Team again on 0800 013 2632 to confirm you wish to take the Line Rental Saver again, if the system does not allow the renewal tomorrow. They're available between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

Let me know if you need anything further.

Thanks - LF

molerat
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Same happened to me.  Once you have re-contracted you won't be able to set up LRS until the current period has expired which leaves you in a situation of a gap month - you can't buy LRS to start before you pay for it if you see what I mean.  They are still trying to sort my account out nearly 3 months on.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @molerat

I am deeply sorry to hear about the experience you have had with us.

I can see this is being looked into by my colleague. You can view the ticket by Clicking Here

Currently, we have no updates on this matter.

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.

Many thanks.

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

In 2017, I recontracted for two years about two weeks before my contract expired and, on the same day, I paid for LRS (by via a credit card). It was all very slick and painless.

My present contract ends in about six weeks when I would expect to do the same as I did in 2017.

Am I going to get the kind of problems that @Sarah23 has had?

Sarah23
Dabbler

Well I checked today (the start of the new billable month) and LRS is back up for sale! It seems you either need to buy it before you arrange a new broadband contract or wait until the new one is live and therefore be billed full price for line rental for that month and have your line rental go out of sync with your broadband contract should you buy a new LRS.

Of course, if you buy the LRS in advance then decide you are leaving instead you have 14 days to get a refund. Although based on how much of a hassle it has been to remain a customer I imagine it wouldn't be straightforward!

Managed to get through to online chat yesterday and this ridiculous system was somewhat circumvented by offering me a discount on this month's (otherwise full price) line rental to bring it line with what it would have been with a LRS and a further month's broadband discount so 13 months instead of 12 - so when I buy a new LRS this month they will be in sync.

However I checked my bill today, £35.98. So not only has the line rental not been discounted but I've been billed full price as if I hadn't recontracted either. Been on these forums every day since Monday just trying to continue to be a customer without paying through the nose! Do they actually want us to leave? It would seem that way...

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @Sarah23

I'm really sorry to hear that there's an issue with your most recent bill. I've checked your account and updated you further on this matter here

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @daveplus

I understand your concern that similar issues may arise with your account. If you experience the issue whereby you cannot renew LRS until the existing period ends then we are able to manually set up a discount on the account to rectify this until the period ends. After which you should be able to renew your LRS in sync with your contract.

Please get back in touch with us should you experience this issue