cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver

Mikestone
Hooked

Line Rental Saver

Could someone please help me out with answers to a couple of questions regarding Line Saver Rental?

My Line Saver Rental expires on 26 August, whilst my Broadband and Home Phone contracts run until 26 February 2021. I would like to renew the Line Saver Rental but what happens if I do not want to renew my Broadband and Home Phone contracts in February? I have to say that I have been very happy with Plusnet's service and see no reason not to renew. But if, say, the price for renewal was to double, I would obviously have to think again. If I did not renew Broadband and Home Phone, would I get a rebate on the Line Rerntal Saver?

5 REPLIES 5
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Line Rental Saver

@Mikestone 

If you renew LRS but then decide to leave Plusnet at the end of your fixed price contract you would not get a refund of the remaining LRS payment. However, at the end of your fixed price contract you automatically move on to a rolling monthy contract at the normal rates for broadband - you do not need to recontract for another 12/18/24 month contract unless you can get a deal that suits you.

Mikestone
Hooked

Thanks jgb

Can you tell me what the "rolling monthy contract at the normal rates for broadband" would cost me? Please note that I am currently on Unlimited Fibre 36 mbps on your FTTP trial.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@Mikestone 

I can tell you that the monthly cost of Unlimited Fibre including line rental is £32.48 - see this link  https://www.plus.net/broadband/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqfLp1p2R6wIVyIBQBh1FFgtnEAAYASACEgIOdPD_BwE&gclsrc...

That product is FTTC. I do not know what Plusnet would charge for FTTP. I am only a customer not a Plusnet staffer.

wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@Mikestone 

If near the end of your contract you were to contact the customer option team direct (search for the direct number in the forum), they will usually offer you a good deal similar to a new customer.

Ofcom have recently been changing the rules relating to renewals.

You can get either 12 or 18 month contracts.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

I believe that all customers on the FTTP trial revert to rolling monthly contracts when their initial contract term is up. There are no 12 or 18 month contracts being offered so I don't think there is any point talking to customer options who probably know very little about the FTTP trial.

@Mikestone  Even on the monthly rate the FTTP trial is still very good value, it might be worth posting in the FTTP trial board on the forum to check the current price. Also have you considered getting rid of your copper land line and using VOIP for your phone calls? I don't have FTTP but have a Siemens Gigaset IP phone system which connects to the router which I use for cheaper daytime calls. On FTTP it can save money as there is no line rental required even allowing for a small surcharge on the broadband price. There are many threads about this on the FTTP board.