cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver

streetmachine

Line Rental Saver

So I saw the Line Rental Saver advertised and thought it looked like a good idea.  I duly signed up and paid £113 for 12 month's line rental.
Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control (the landlord decided to sell the property I am living in) I now have to move out next month.
I phoned to enquire about a refund for the unused months I have paid for but the unhelpful and abrupt customer service representative I spoke to just kept repeating that Line Rental Saver was non-refundable.
I realise that it states this when you sign up for it, but I had no way of knowing I would not be able to remain at my address to make use of it.  There was the option to move the phone line to another property but there is already an existing contract for internet via fibre.  I am not expecting Plusnet to refund the whole amount, and I would be quite willing to pay the full line rental for the months I've used, including an admin fee but to just withhold the whole amount for future service I cannot make use of is not "doing me proud"
Don't bother with Line Rental Saver unless you own you own home as you might end up loosing £80 for nothing.  This is a shame as up till now Plusnet has been OK but because of refusal to even consider the circumstances and offer a reasonable solution I would hesitate to sign up with them again, or indeed recommend Plusnet to anyone.
Soon to be EX-Plusnet Customer

2 REPLIES 2
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: ****Line Rental Saver - Not so much of a saver at all*******

Hi there,
I can understand how frustrating your situation can be. I once had to find a new home because of the same circumstances and it came as quite a shock. Although it does clearly state that line rental saver is non-refundable, I will have a word with our finance team and see if there's anything we can do in these exceptional circumstances. I will post a response via your account once I have an answer.
Jojo Smiley
streetmachine

Re: ****Line Rental Saver - Not so much of a saver at all*******

Hi Jojo,
Many thanks for your reply to my post.  I have got your response via my account and I appreciate that someone is looking into this to help resolve this issue for me.  This was nice surprise to get a fast and personal response to my post.
Regards,
Soon to be EX-Plusnet (but slightly happier!) Customer