cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver

JohnPalf

Line Rental Saver

Am I correct in saying that Plusnet is no longer going to be offering Line Rental Saver on any accounts ?Huh

11 REPLIES 11
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Line Rental Saver

@JohnPalf 

It's the first that I've heard of it. Where did you hear of this? A link to your source would be helpful.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

JohnPalf

Hi. I had an offer on my broadband phone acct. The offer stated that when my current saver deal ends I would go back to full rental payment. I phoned the helpline and was told the saver was ending for all contracts ! Try phoning them and see if you get the same answer
Sparkrace22
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Renewed my Line saver again last week, in fact they actually sent me a reminder to pay before 31st December 2020

otherwise from 01/01/21 it would revert to the Full cost of Monthly line rental.

Baldrick1

@JohnPalf 

I suspect and hope that this is a misunderstanding. When all LRS contracts end you automatically revert to the full monthly rental cost UNLESS you renew the LRS. It's not an automatic process.

Moderator and Customer

JohnPalf

It's not a misunderstanding. I have had a saver for several years and understand how it functions. I have just spoken to an advisor again who then checked it out with his supervisor. The current stand alone  line rental saver product will discontinue at some point and MAY be replaced at some time in the future with a new product but they are not sure when. The reason they give is that it has caused a lot of confusion and problems with many customers. I could not get a date out of them as to when the discontinuation might occur. The advisor thanked me for the call as he was unaware that this was happening. Check it out with them!

Baldrick1

@JohnPalf 

Thanks for the feedback.The fact that it will be discontinued 'sometime' is helpful. Hopefully the sometime in the future will align with promises of router firmware updates, responding to tickets in a reasonable time  and a billing system that works for all. And let's add in getting customer services working efficiently and perhaps Plusnet surviving now it's been fully sucked into BT Retail.

Although, in retrospect, as demonstrated by the fast and efficient way that they can cut services such as Chat, cut off services to those a day late paying and withdrawing the majority of Plusnet staffer presence on this forum, they are much better at organising some things than others!

Moderator and Customer

JohnPalf

Capture.JPG

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

I imagine that could be interpreted as now or in 10 years time. Products and services have come and gone over the years and I suspect probably will continue to do so. Smiley

jfmelville

I'm reading this conversation with a smile on my face. I managed to purchase my line rental saver renewal back in March (with the contract starting in May). However, I have been paying monthly line rental charges on my bill since May!

Fortunately, the customer services staff have been refunding the charges on every occasion I have called them. However, for some reason they still can't stop the charges appearing on the next bill which means I am in a constant cycle of calling almost every other month trying to explain these issues!

I am almost regretting purchasing the LRS now.

Chilternphil
Dabbler

Had my line rental saver renewal advanced notice email one month ago (end November 2020) with  renewal due date of end January. Just waiting for updated main contract to take effect (from tomorrow) and then I can pay reduced fee for 12 months line - so Yes, still being offered. 

Went through the renewal process by phone at end November - good and very helpful guy, working from home because of Covid. 

My only quibble with PlusNet is the tedium and time taken to contact them by phone. Live chat worked well and for many things email would work just as well for both parties.  I wonder if they would consider Users leaving messages and them ringing back?

Sparkrace22
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I had the same issue with my line saver year before last I rang every month to get the charges squashed
Daft thing is they said they couldn’t do the change, the system wouldn’t let them, quite ridiculous in this day & age