cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver.

ngc

Line Rental Saver.

Information copied from email regarding my package.

Your first payment
This payment covers your service for the first month, your line rental for 12 months and any one off charges.
Item
Cost
Line Rental Saver
£197.88
Evening & Weekend UK & Mobile Calls
£4.00
Unlimited (Contracted) Initial Subscription
£10.99
Unlimited Broadband Discount
£-10.99
Activation Fee Discount
£-5.00
Activation Fee
£5.00
Total
£201.88

Monthly payments
Your first month's service is covered by the payment shown above. After that, you'll pay the following for your services each month:

Between months 2-12: £4.00

From month 13 onwards: £14.99

I have attempted to contact PlusNet, to no avail and getting really cheesed off with it now, I do understand it isn;t the best of time to contact organization.  However, I need to know what is happening with my account. I realise  that the above charges  do not include  any calls, but I don't understand why I am paying for line rental when my contract doesn't end until Oct 2020.  In addition why have I not been billed as stated in the information above.  I do  wish it was possible to get in touch with someone.  

9 REPLIES 9
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Line Rental Saver.

Welcome to the forums, @ngc .

That email looks perfectly clear to me - you have paid £201.88 as your Initial  payment, which includes line rental for the year, plus £4.00 for evening and weekend calls.

From the second month of your contract to the end of your 12th, you will pay £4.00p.m. for the  calls package. From month 13 - the first after the end of the contract, you will pay £14.99 (i.e.broadband + calls package), unless of course you renegotiate a deal to better that.

John
ngc

My frustration is trying to talk to someone about it and get it sorted. 

jab1
Legend

Exactly what needs sorting? When did you take out this new contract?

I thought I'd explained the contents of the email?

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Line rental saver is only for 12 months. The email doesnt make it clear that line rental is ALSO payable from month 13 onwards unless line rental saver is renewed

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

@MisterW Yes, I missed that bit. It's omission is strange - I thought these emails were a standard format?

John
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@ngc You have not provided all the required information to be able to figure out what the problem is.. You mention a contract end date of Oct 2020 so is an existing contract being renewed early? Do you already have an active line rental saver in place? Are the details of your package for a new contract or one that has started and you are being billed incorrectly? As others have pointed out after 12 months line rental would be payable either monthly or by renewing your line rental saver and this is not shown on the details, however for unexplained reasons you don't think you should be paying for line rental.😕

ngc

Thanks for the response.  

I paid for a line rental saver. Therefore I should only be paying £4,00 per month plus any additional calls if applicable for the month.  My contract ends in September 2020. This month I have been charged for line rental (when I had previously  paid in advance for the year), that is my query. 

However my main issue is trying to contact someone to sort this out.  On line chat not possible which just leaves  phone and this is proving to be time consuming.  I cannot locate an email address. Plus due to the current situation ( and my personal situation) I am probably coming across a bit vague and I wanted to let off my frustration.  I will get this sorted. 

jab1
Legend

@ngc That is clearer. Had we known that this was during a contract period, it would have helped.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

That is clearer

I'm not sure it is totally clear yet.

@ngc so we can be completely clear and possibly explain without the need for you to contact customer support.

When did your contract start ?  and how long was the contract ?

If the contract was longer than 12 months , have you renewed the line rental saver ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.