cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver

LRB124

Line Rental Saver

Hi, 

I renewed my Line Rental Saver in August 2019 and I am thinking of leaving Plusnet to go to another provider. Please can you advise me as to whether I will get a refund on the months left of my Line Rental Saver should I transfer to another provider? 

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Line Rental Saver

@LRB124 

If you read the terms and conditions you will find that you have 14 days to cancel after which it is non refundable.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@LRB124 

What @Baldrick1  says is the normal position, but I believe that you do get a refund of the unused portion of the LRS if you are leaving due to a price increase that affects you AND you advise Plusnet that is reason that you are leaving within 30 days (??) of the notification of the price increase to you by Plusnet.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@jgb

I'm not sure about this with respect to the December increase. The broadband price is not increasing. With LRS in place it's only calls packages that are going up and I've a feeling that this does not count.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting in touch @LRB124 I'm sorry to see you're looking to leave us.

The above advice is correct in that line rental saver is refundable in the following situations:

• You cancel line rental saver within 14 days starting from the day after you buy it
  • We make a detrimental change to your broadband or line rental subscription fees i.e. you're not on a fixed price contract. If that's the case, you'd need to call our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 within 30 days of receiving an email about the price refresh/increase to let us know you'd like to leave because of this

Having said that I'm sure we'd be able to tempt you with a new deal to keep you as a customer if you call customer options.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@Baldrick1 

Yes, I could have explained that better but @Gandalf  has now set things straight.