Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver

FIXED
caryh
Grafter

Line Rental Saver

My LRS expired on the 24th of September, but I've never been able to renew it.

When I go to the page to renew it tells me i'm already signed up and it doesn't expire until the 24th of September next year.

I have not paid for it this year, and i'm now being charged full line rental. When i used webchat just before it was due to renew, I was just told it was bit strange, as it already showed the 2019 date, but no further help could be offered.

How can i possibly correctly renew something it already says is active, but isn't working (i.e still billing the line rental)!!

Has anybody managed to do this, as I noticed other people seem to have had problems, but they don't seem to post whether they managed to get it resolved.

I'm beginning to wonder about going elsewhere, as Sky offer a cheaper broadband package, but my two mobile sim onlys would be dearer, but at least i could expect their billing systems to work more reliably.

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Line Rental Saver

Fix

Sorry to hear you've not been able to renew line rental saver.

I've fixed this for you now. If you head on over to http://www.plus.net/rentalsaver you should find it works now.

Because of this, I've applied a credit to your account to cover the difference in price between LRS and the monthly rate of line rental you've paid for the last 2 months. This credit will come off your next invoice.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
login
Dabbler

Hi Caryh

Don't know if this helps but my experience at trying to renew was thwarted because I had an ongoing issue with my account

namely an upgrade.I have been told that in order to purchase LRS I will have to wait until after the upgrade has been completed. Sounds like your in a similar loop. Looks like you will have to speak to a real person to get it resolved.

good Luck

caryh
Grafter

Thanks Anoush, its worked fine now.

caryh
Grafter

Hi login,

I'm not sure it would be an upgrade in my case, as I've not made any changes in the 5 years since i returned to plusnet, so the only changes on my account would be things like caller Id, when it became free, and any price rises along the way.

I suppose any of these which didn't fully complete, could have caused a similar issue though.