Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver

zilch777
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Line Rental Saver

Can I start Line Rental Saver four months into my first year's contract with PlusNet? I discussed this when I was thinking of moving to PlusNet and I think the answer was yes. I have no proof though.
15 REPLIES 15
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: Line Rental Saver

You can start it anytime, or if you have a current one 3 months pre-renewal
zilch777
Dabbler

Thank you! I'll need to go back into my account then, as it clearly stated that I couldn't.
zilch777
Dabbler

Got it sorted out - by phone. The panel on my account page was very clear but obviously a mistake. A pleasant surprise was that I still keep my free weekend calls. Elsewhere on the website (which I found far from user friendly incidentally for finding out basic information) it stated that LRS meant you lost all your inclusive calls. Confusing.
I know it's off topic, but the banging out pop music (and I do mean banging!) whilst waiting on hold is not conducive to clear thinking and preparation for the next part of the discussion. I wish companies would realise this. Some quiet gentle music, and I doesn't necessarily have to be classical music, is much preferable.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

A pleasant surprise was that I still keep my free weekend calls. Elsewhere on the website (which I found far from user friendly incidentally for finding out basic information) it stated that LRS meant you lost all your inclusive calls. Confusing.
I think you've been given wrong information by the agent you spoke to, UNLESS the situation has changed recently. Roll_eyes Hopefully one of the PN CRT people will be along to confirm( or correct?) the information.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HairyMcbiker
All Star

Normally you KEEP your package you were on, unless that has changed AGAIN!
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

If you are PAYING for a phone package such as Anytime, then yes that remains when you take LRS. But if your Broadband/Phone package includes free weekends or evening/weekends then it has been said many times on here ( and quite a few people caught out by it! ) that taking LRS loses the free phone package.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

catelliott
Grafter

Hi there,
Line Rental Saver doesn't include any calls as standard I'm afraid, though you can add any of our chargeable call plans (Evenings and Weekends, Anytime, Anytime International, etc.). I'm really sorry if our agent has advised you that you keep Weekends, I'll get this fed back to his manager straight away.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Hopefully one of the PN CRT people will be along to confirm( or correct?) the information.
Thanks Cat. 'Correct' it was then Smiley

catelliott
Grafter

Precisely. A pat on the back for you, a slap on the wrist for our agent Smiley
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Smiley

pwatson
Rising Star

Quote from: catelliott
Hi there,
Line Rental Saver doesn't include any calls as standard I'm afraid, though you can add any of our chargeable call plans (Evenings and Weekends, Anytime, Anytime International, etc.). I'm really sorry if our agent has advised you that you keep Weekends, I'll get this fed back to his manager straight away.

Yet another error in your backend system perhaps?  My account details have been wrong for the past 11.5 months (See separate thread here - It's been ignored by PN since I posted it Sad
I re-contracted at the end of July last year and then took out LRS - My account details and the Home Phone Control Panel both (erroneously?) show that I have Talk Weekends & Evenings...  Just as well that I haven't made any calls then Wink
HairyMcbiker
All Star

Well the last TWO times I applied it it KEPT my E/We call package. Just as well I ain't renewing this year.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

but if you first took out LRS a few years ago, then it DID include E & W calls and you will have retained that when renewed ( and will continue to do so, I believe? ). It's only people who FIRST took out LRS after some point ( can't remember exactly when! ) that didn't get any included call package.

Peterxrm
Grafter

This also drives me potty, can't turn it down and a constant bang bang of =what some think is music is a nasty smell to others. I cane across a company a while ago who gave options of what you wanted to listen to and a survey was being asked and my response was I wanted to hear a human voice responding to my conversation. Crazy
I know it's off topic, but the banging out pop music (and I do mean banging!) whilst waiting on hold is not conducive to clear thinking and preparation for the next part of the discussion. I wish companies would realise this. Some quiet gentle music, and I doesn't necessarily have to be classical music, is much preferable.