cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver wrongly applied to account

RichT
Grafter

Line Rental Saver wrongly applied to account

When I paid for the Line Rental Saver on 14/10/19 it was wrongly applied as a payment to my account. Since November 2019 PlusNet has been taking the monthly bills from that payment instead of by Direct Debit.

I spoke to someone on the PlusNet help desk on 23/12/2019 and he raised an internal ticket (no. 197358511) to get the problem fixed.

There was one reply to the ticket from a CSC Analyst on 21/01/20 which said "We can't resolve this directly, see IMT-3121 for updates". There was another reply on the same date from a different CSC Analyst, but the message section was blank.

However, on 05/02/20 there was a final message which said "Question closed automatically after 14 days of inactivity" and the question was moved to the closed list, so now I don't know what, if anything, is happening.

PlusNet: are you still trying to fix this problem? When will it be sorted out?

Regards,

Richard Townsend

15 REPLIES 15
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Line Rental Saver wrongly applied to account

@RichT 

I have had a similar problem since renewing my LRS at the start of November. The LRS payment was applied to the account without a commensurate charge so there is a large credit balance on the account as well as the LRS renewing. As I had other billing issues this was picked up by a helpful CS staff member on my laready open ticket and she continues to monitor this, but as yet it has not been resolved. Therefore my potential bill once it is rsolved gets higher each month.

I had the same problem last year but that was "sorted" in three months by applying a charge to my account so that the original LRS payment was cancelled out meaning that the bills were correct for the rest of that LRS period. It meant I had a three month bill to pay when they applied the charge.

Perhaps a Plusnet staff member will pick your issue up and open another ticket so that progress to resolution of ths LRS issue can be monitored by you on your account.

RichT
Grafter

@jgb 

Thanks for your reply. On the one hand it's good to know that "it's not just me", on the other it's disappointing that PlusNet have not been able to resolve this issue. I currently have 3 months bills that have not been paid by direct debit, with another one due next week.

Your suggestion that PlusNet could raise another ticket is a good one, and I hope they can find a fix before the outstanding payments get much larger.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@RichT 

There are more than the two of us affected by this isue. There are a couple of threads I can think of on these forums about it:

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Line-Rental-Saver-creating-billing-issues-again/m-p...

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/I-paid-for-Line-Rental-Saver-but-it-hasn-t-been-app...

I have now had four monthly bills which this has affected (one more than last year)  and so no payment has been taken and so the outstanding amount is increasingly large.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @RichT,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this issue is causing you and for the unhelpful response that you received on the ticket - I'll pass on feedback about this. Our billing team are working to resolve this issue but haven't yet been able to provide an estimated date as to when this will be done. They are aware that your account is affected and will contact you once we have an update.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
RichT
Grafter

Hi @EmilyD 

Thanks for your reply, it's good to know I haven't been forgotten!

amuckelt32
Grafter
Fixes: 2

I have the same issue of which you are aware. 

Can you confirm that if I leave Plusnet as you have changed call charges, see copy email below, that as well as no termination fees the outstanding amount of LRS will also be refunded. 

If you can’t see this email, click here.

Username: [Removed]

Important information about your prices

Hello Anthony

We recently got in touch to let you know about the changes we were making to our call plan prices and call charges to landlines and mobiles. We told you that those changes would apply to you from 3rd December 2019.

We should have made it clear that if you wanted to leave your broadband and line rental contract because of these changes you could have done so without paying an early termination charge. You can also remove your call plan by letting us know you wish to do so at any time, and we’ll remove it on your next billing date.

So we’re going to credit your account to cover the increased cost of your call plan and call charges until 12th March 2020. Following this date, the new charges will apply, as set out below. A credit will be applied onto your first bill after 12th March 2020.

If you’re not happy with any of the changes and do decide to leave as a result, you won’t have to pay an early termination charge. Just get in touch with us on 0800 587 1960 within a month of receiving this email and give us 14 days’ notice.

Why not take another great deal?

Get Unlimited Fibre Extra and line rental for £27.99 a month on a new 18 month fixed price contract. Sign up today.

You can find out more about your current package or information about what other products are available by speaking to one of our advisors or login to Member Centre.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience that you may have been caused.

Best wishes,
The Plusnet Team

Here’s a reminder of what will change:

The following call plans will increase by £1 a month:

Evening & Weekend, Evening & Weekend UK and Mobile

Unlimited UK & Mobile, Anytime, Anytime with Mobile, Talk Anytime

Anytime International 300, Anytime International 300 with Mobile,
Talk Anytime International 300

Changes to our call set-up fees and call charges to landlines and mobiles:

Our call set up fee is increasing by 1p from 22p to 23p a call

The standard rate for calls to UK landlines is increasing from 13.5p per minute to 15p per minute

The standard rate for calls to UK mobiles is increasing from 15p per minute to 18p per minute

Terms and Conditions

The information in this communication is correct as of 31st January 2020.

Prices, content and terms may change at any time during your contract. We’ll tell you about important changes in advance, and if a change is detrimental you’ll be able to end your contract. Where you have taken our fixed price contract, your broadband price or broadband and line rental price will not change during the minimum term.

Unlimited Fibre Extra Broadband and line rental from £27.99 a month for the first 18 months, then from £40.98 a month. 18 month contract.

Available to existing Plusnet customers who sign up to an 18 month contract and take Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra Broadband with Plusnet line rental. This offer may be withdrawn, amended or replaced at any time by Plusnet. Plusnet line rental is £19.99 a month. If you live in a low cost area and take Plusnet line rental at £19.99 a month you pay £8.00 a month for the first 18 months, current price from month 19 is £20.99 a month (otherwise £15.50 a month for the first 18 months, then based upon the current price, £28.49 a month from month 19).

Fixed price applies to broadband and line rental monthly price only (excludes other services, such as call plans, call charges and add-ons). If you choose to move house during the minimum term of your fixed price contract, and move from a low cost area to a non-low cost area, or a non-low cost area to a low cost area, you will be subject to the new price once your move is completed. Standard house move terms also apply, see our house move FAQs for details.

Exclusions apply.

This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and will replace any discounts you currently have remaining on your account. You will enter into a new 18 month contract when you accept the offer. Please note that if you sign up to this price, this will form a brand new contract between us and you. Your current contract with us will terminate upon activation of your new services.

Fibre broadband speed is described as ‘average download speed of 66Mb’ and ‘average upload speed of 18Mb’ on Unlimited Fibre Extra as it is based on the speed available to at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm-10pm). Your actual speed will be dependent on your location, phone line, home wiring, wifi connection and time of day. Find out why speeds vary. Check your speed and products available at your location via ‘check availability’ on our home page.

Please note, even if fibre is available in your area, sometimes your line can’t support fibre or your local fibre exchange becomes full.

For full details of our terms and conditions, please click here. You’ve received this email because you’re a Plusnet customer. If you don’t want to receive emails like this from us, please click here. Please note that by changing your preferences, you won’t receive promotional emails from Plusnet, including free gifts, competitions and information about new services. Please don’t reply to this email, as this is an unmonitored address.

Plusnet plc
Registered Office Address: The Balance, 2 Pinfold Street, Sheffield, S1 2GU.
Registered in England no: 3279013
VAT No. 245 7193 48

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @amuckelt32, thanks for getting in touch

It's likely that you would receive a pro rata refund for the time left on the line rental saver

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
RichT
Grafter

Hello PlusNet

I see that another month's payment has been taken from my Line Rental Saver balance this month. This brings the total to 5 months' payments that you have not collected by direct debit, amounting to over £100! I really hate having debts built up like this, where I have no control of the situation.

I'm a retired software developer and I really can't understand why it is taking so long to fix this issue.

Do you have any news on when you expect a solution to be implemented?

Regards

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @RichT 

I'm sorry to see this is still an issue and the concern we've caused. I've looked into this for you and I've added a reply onto a support ticket you can view and respond to by going Here which I hope helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
BostonTommy

I've got the same problem - Line Rental Saver payment in September 2019 wrongly applied to monthly billing, issue raised in December 2019, Question 197436000 raised, nothing happened, Question closed without me being notified. 

As with others, I can't see that this can be taking so long to sort out unless the Plusnet accounting system is really, really in a mess. 

And, of course, the "let's solve your problem" bit of the main website won't let you ask about things like that.  The list of possible problems are all in the "customer got it wrong" category - no thought that Plusnet got it wrong. 

I'm off to send a message to the customer champion in my newspaper, to see if a bit of adverse publicity will put a rocket up a few backsides.

I'm the son of a Sheffielder and grandson of a Mappin & Webb goldsmith.  Plusnet makes me almost ashamed of my family history.

BostonTommy

BostonTommy

No response???

Is the idea that issues raised on the forum are ignored and drop down the list of "things to do", so we punters give up? 

Please sort this problem - it must affect many customers,who may not have noticed it, and are happily spending the amount not taken by Plusnet.  Shock when they have to pay it all in one go (always supposing that Plusnet manages to sort the problem out. 

Extract digit, please.

BostonTommy

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

@RichT Hi there, I can see that you have had a complaint opened and we are dealing with your issue. You can check it here.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
RichT
Grafter

@tinytaco

Hi, I had already been informed by @Gandalf that the ticket had been opened and that there hadn't been any recent update. Did you mean to reply to @BostonTommy instead?

Regards

mlhunter

I have this problem too. My monthly payments have not been taken since last October and instead they have been deducted from my LRS payment that I made in September 2019. Is there still no fix for this Plusnet? I'm not confident that calling support will help because I did this before and the assistant said they knew it was a problem but didn't' have a fix yet. But there is no record of that support call or any ticket in my account dashboard. To complicate matters I am now on a new contract and the billing is frankly confusing and not a good advert for Plusnet. Has anyone found a solution please or had it fixed?