cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver renewal date

j123
Grafter

Line Rental Saver renewal date

I've paid the Line Rental Saver for a few years. In January 2013 I received an email saying the LRS was due to expire on 09/03/2013. The following year it was due to expire 09/03/2014 (as expected). Last year I think I paid the renewal shortly after receiving the reminder email from Plusnet. However, it now appears that I've lost a month as the renewal date for this year is 09/02/2015.
Did I lose a month because I renewed too early? I presumed that the renewal would take effect after the current LRS contract had expired.
I'm reluctant to renew too soon in case I lose another month (I received the renewal reminder email on 11/12/2014 for the LRS expiring on 09/02/2015).
Any ideas what has happened for me to lose a month?
13 REPLIES 13
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Line Rental Saver renewal date

a system glitch - there have been a number of reports of this
I suggest raising a ticket
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Mine expires in 4 days so I'm keeping a close eye on it for the promised expiry date change from 7-1-2015 to 7-1-2016.
I renewed on 07/10/2014.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Joshc
Grafter

Good afternoon
@ j123
I have looked into your account and I have sent you details, ticket number (97112407)
If you have a look you will see that you have not lost a month.
You are correct to think if you pay a line rental saver early it wouldn't start until the previous one had ended.
If you need anymore questions answered do not hesitate to fire away.
Thanks
j123
Grafter

Thanks for looking in to this so quickly.
I received the ticket 97112407 which shows a list of my past payments, but I'm still confused as to why this year's expiry date is a month earlier than the previous two years.
Joshc
Grafter

Thats okay ,
As oldjim said its a system glitch and I have raised a ticket to billing.
I just wanted to show you that you hadn't lost a month just to reassure you.
I hope I have helped.
Thanks.
j123
Grafter

So what is the correct expiry date?
And if I renew today (3 Jan), what will next year's expiry date be? I raise this as a concern as I haven't passed my monthly billing date for January yet (due the 10th, I think), and I don't want to bring back the expiry date yet another month.
Thanks for your patience!
Joshc
Grafter

That's okay,
To answer your question 09/03/2016 Smiley
Thanks
j123
Grafter

That's great. Thanks for your help.
Endplay

This "glitch" goes on and on and on. Like j123 my Line rental saver renewal date should be March but due to believing a ridiculously early notification at the end of the first 9 months saying that it would expire shortly, I renewed a couple of months early. Every year since then I have had to raise tickets and fight to get a refund for the line rental charges billed for January and February.
I really thought that there was some progress last year when I received a reply that it was a known issue for which they had a fix and they would monitor to ensure that I received the full 12 months.
Guess what?  I just looked at my January bill and line rental charges are back again.
I cannot remember whether it is 3 or 4 years that this has been going on but I am tired of fighting. I will certainly not be renewing Line rental saver again, which would effectively tie me to Plusnet for another 12 months, and will start looking around to see what else is on the market.
I wonder how many others there are around who have lost months from their Line rental saver because of this "glitch" and never noticed.
j123
Grafter

I too received a renewal reminder in December for a February expiry (should have been March). I renewed in January, but it doesn’t help the confusion that the renewal confirmation message says, “Your Line Rental Saver contract will start when your next monthly bill is taken.”
I think that’s a generic message (perhaps Plusnet could confirm) that I would have got whatever month I renewed, which makes it confusing if you’re renewing more than a month in advance.
It also doesn’t give me confidence that my issue has been fixed and that my contract will begin in March 2015, but I’ll have to wait until next year to find out.
SharonBrown
Grafter

Hi all.  I am really sorry about all these Line Rental Saver issues, as Joshua said, it's something they're aware of and having spoken to the development guys this morning, my understanding is there are several fixes being released over the coming months.  There has already been one last week, another scheduled tonight and there are currently lots of tests being done to make sure those fixes were successful.  Sadly these things are not infallible and I'm sorry that it continues to be a source of frustration but please be assured, we're on it, and doing everything we can to fix it.
If you do encounter any problems or are incorrectly charged, please let us know ASAP and we will make sure that any charges are refunded.
Warm regards
Sharon
Endplay

Sharon, my point is that this is not a new problem. It has been going on for years. I got a very nice reply last year from Liam Regan. I received the refund for January again and I thought (although it is not absolutely clear) that he had confirmed that I was covered for another month too.
The exact words were "I have forwarded this issue to my manager, however this is a known issue which we have created a fix for, to start forcing contracts through without the £14.99 being chargeable. I can also confirm that you're missing a months line rental on your account, we shall monitor this to see which date this expires on so you receive the full 12 months".
It was then correct until December.
That was an improvement over the previous year, or was it the one before, when I had to raise a ticket to get a refund for January then have to do it all over again to get another for February. Sorry but I have heard this story so many times now that your reply that there are currently lots of tests being done to make sure the fixes are successful fills me more with despair than confidence. As I said in my previous post, it has now started all over again this year.
In my opinion Plusnet should be examining the records of everyone who has paid Line saver rental, ever since it was introduced, to discover who has been overcharged this way and make retrospective refunds to them. It is wholly unacceptable to expect your customers to spot that they have overpaid and inform you about it. You could find you have a very expensive problem on your hands.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Quote from: Endplay
In my opinion Plusnet should be examining the records of everyone who has paid Line saver rental, ever since it was introduced, to discover who has been overcharged this way and make retrospective refunds to them.

I remember around 18 months ago we had a cleanup, which meant that a number of customers were refunded. This was for one of the LRS issues. It'll be likely that the same will happen again.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet