Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver refund

FIXED
warwound
Dabbler

Line Rental Saver refund

After many years as a Plusnet customer I migrated to TalkTalk earlier this month.

My Plusnet connection was not meeting the minimum guaranteed speed and Plusnet allowed me end my contract without any penalty charge.

I have spoken to PN customer support on the phone and been told that I will be refunded my last month's VDSL payment and that will be refunded towards the end of June/start of July.

I was however told that no refund of my line rental saver was possible.

A search of this forum shows that I'm in the same position as many others that have left Plusnet - we're told that line rental saver refund is not possible.

The forum also shows that many people - after making a complaint on the forum - are then refunded their line rental saver.

Can I request that my line rental saver is refunded?

I paid for 12 months line rental in January and would expect to received around half of that refunded.

Thanks.

Martin.

3 REPLIES 3
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Line Rental Saver refund

Fix

Thank you for your time on the phone @warwound

I've sent you an email summarising out call this afternoon if you'd like to have a read. Please feel free to respond via the generic SMS that I've also sent, and I'll pick this up as soon as I can.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
SimonS
Fixes: 1

warwound what was the end result of this please ?

warwound
Dabbler

Plusnet insisted that they were under no legal obligation to refund any of my line rental saver.

But they offered me a 50% refund due to my contract being terminated because they couldn't provide the minimum guaranteed speed.

I turned down the 50% refund, and cited the many posts on this forum where ex-customers are initially refused a refund but then given a refund when they complain.

Plusnet then offered my a 100% refund of my line rental saver which I obviously accepted.