cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver refund

tharsos

Line Rental Saver refund

Hello,

I received an email that Plusnet is hiking its prices and that I can transfer to another provider without early termination charges. I went on the chat and informed Plusnet that I am switching to another provider. I also asked on the chat whether I would get a refund of Line Rental Saver and I was informed:

[CSA Removed]: OK Adrian, you would be refunded any line rental saver left if you were to migrate. Can I ask who you are moving to, we may be able to offer you a new deal?

However today I received an email confirming that I am switching to another provider in which it was written:

Line rental saver

When you took Line Rental Saver you paid £185.88 for 12 months' line rental up front. This is non-refundable.

Could someone look into it and confirm that I will receive refunded any line rental saver left?

Thank you

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules.

13 REPLIES 13
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: Line Rental Saver refund

PN states that it will NOT refund the LRS, however a recent ruling by Offcom states they have to, along with BT et all.
So be interesting to see if you do get it refunded. (You should by the way)
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I left BT because of the many price increases I received a refund of my line rental minus the notice period.

I am sure that you have to give the reason for leaving is the price increase and you have to give notice of leaving within 30 days or receiving notification of the price increase. 

brush52

I am in the same position. Was told by the advisor that it was not refundable but after pointing out the OFCOM ruling and getting confirmation from the advisor's manager I was told that it would be refunded once I had left. My upcoming invoice shows a minor credit (£1,80) but no LRS refund.

I was most disappointed that advisors initially state it is not refundable ( presumably to deter those not in the know from leaving) but then to have to make you fight once again to actually get the refund is disgraceful. If my refund is not forthcoming I intend to submit a formal complaint.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@brush52

Welcome to the forums.

The official complaints procedure is here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/

Also please ensure that you advise OFCOM at https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/how-to-report-a-complaint/billing so that they can record this non compliance. Hopefully when others complain then OFCOM will take Plusnet to task for putting in place penalties to hinder consumers who are leaving due to price rises.

The OFCOM bit should be done regardless of whether you get your money back as you shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get a refund in these circumstances.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@tharsos From looking at your account we've refunded the line rental saver.

It should be in your account in the next couple of days

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
RF_Engineer
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Hi, I left Plusnet fibre on 6/6/17 due to the price increases and am now with Sky.

I too am due a LRS refund as agreed prior to the move (Question #150097021 - [CSA Removed] refers).

So far I have received a refund of just £1.87

Please could someone take a look?

RF_Engineer

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @RF_Engineer,

It looks like there has been some confusion surrounding this due to some circumstances back in March which has resulted in your LRS payment not being recorded on the account that has just been cancelled.

Leave this with me and i'll make sure it's picked up by our billing team and dealt with appropriately.

Thanks for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
RF_Engineer
Dabbler

Hi HarryB

Yes, unfortunately there was changeover of account back in March 2017 for technical reasons.  This was not my idea as I like to keep things dead simple if I can.

Thank you for your assistance, I await further news on my refund.

RF_Engineer 

brush52

Think I should have followed 'SpendLesTime's advice and gone straight to OFCOM ! Spent a long time on 12 June trying to resolve the LRS refund issue and was eventually promised:-

'Thanks for your call today. Your account hasn't been closed after you moved on the 30th and your line rental saver has not been refunded. Both of these will be done in the next 7-10 working days for you and sorry about the hassle this may have caused'

Since them I have been charged a further £9.51 and received the following email today:-

'Thank you for your enquiry. I can confirm I have refunded you £3.60 for the amount of time between 30th May and 11th June.

With regard to your line rental saver, this is a non-refundable product.'

I have no intention of ringing again and being given the same lies about LRS being non-refundable so will email the CEO / OFCOM with a formal complaint

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@RF_Engineer - I can see the refund's been issued, you should see it back on your card you used to pay it, within the next 3 to 5 working days.

@brush52 - really sorry to hear that, mind dropping me a PM with your username so I can investigate this?

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your message @brush52

As per my ticket update and reply via PM, this should be sorted now.

Anoush.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RF_Engineer
Dabbler

Hi, the LRS refund is now showing on my credit card.

Thank you HarryB & Gandalf for a fast resolution.

RF_Engineer

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Glad to hear that's sorted @RF_Engineer Thanks for letting us know Thumbs_Up

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet