Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver refund if terminating early

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Line Rental Saver refund if terminating early

Hi Rob, the link should still work yeah. If you click the link it should prompt you to log in, after doing this if you click the link again it should take you to the now closed ticket on the account.
I've sent you a copy of the refunds breakdown via email on the account just in case you have further issues accessing the ticket link above.

In regards to the cessation fee, this is something not only we include in our terms and conditions, but it is highlighted at the bottom of the contract confirmation email you will have received soon after signing up and if signing up over the phone read in our mandatory statement. Despite the charge not always being applicable we do highlight the possibility of the charge where we can.

potwin

Well that would be me today as well. Cancelled owing to price rise, something I have noted in every communication, and yet I was charged extra for a month of internet after! Told this morning (second time-wasting chat with evasive advisor) that no refund was in the T&Cs. Your training evidently isn’t working.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @potwin,

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced these issues. I've taken a look into your account and raised a ticket regarding this issue, which can be viewed here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
potwin

Thanks for that. I hope it will all be resolved and refunded soon. 

However, it seems to be a common issue, and while it is unfortunate few consumers jump for joy when a refund is correctly processed without intervention, plenty seem to have to chase it up. Doing so publicly might have been the only guarantee that I would be refunded. This has wasted my time, for which I won’t receive compensation, and there will be no chance I would ever use Plusnet again.

I’ll quote from the chat yesterday to show how the message hasn’t got through; and will be pursuing this, in the hope that a larger investigation will ensure customers aren’t penalised for leaving legitimately, and that Plusnet adopts better business practices. I would love to know what proportion of customers are refunded without error or their own intervention.

me: i now need 4 months of service paid in advance refunded

plusnet: your refund was for the month you paid after you cancelled we would not refund anything else as you don't pay for the service in advance

me: Why did I pay £250 in August then?

plusnet: that was for your set up and the payment of the line rental, however, that is non refundable

me: That is not what I have been told when I cancelled my service

plusnet: there is no notes to say we would refund you this payment

me: Are you suggesting that I am not telling the truth? I wasted 30 minutes on two phone calls and discussed this clearly

me: In any case, a recent Ofcom ruling would suggest that I must be refunded

plusnet: I didn't say that I just said there are no notes to suggest we have agreed to refund you this payment

plusnet: also our policies are kept up to date and as our policy has not changed in regards to the line rental saver payment the policy you are talking about must not affect that

me: I am afraid that isn’t the case: you are obliged to make a pro rata payment for unused service

me: It isn’t your policy, it’s the regulator’s

plusnet: not for the line rental saver sorry it is in the terms and conditions

plusnet: however, as you said you were told this over the phone if you can provide me the date I can trace the call to confirm if you were told this and if so we can honour that

me: 2 May. It isn’t really an issue of that, it’s regulatory. If you are telling me that you will not refund this, I would like that in writing, and I will then take it up further with Ofcom. I cancelled because of your price changes, and thus shouldn’t be penalised

plusnet: as it does state in the terms and conditions of the line rental saver it is a non refundable payment, if you were told on the call we would refund it then we will otherwise we would not be able to refund that sorry

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@JonoH wrote:

@billnotben wrote:

That has been shown to be not even crystal clear to your own staff, time and time again, so I don't see how you assume that it's crystal clear to the customer.

No, we're getting that part right, our agents understand that customers have the right to cancel following this notification

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @potwin,

I can only apologise that this has happened in this instance and for the misinformation that you were provided in that chat. We have made efforts to make sure that this doesn't happen by providing our agents with training material on this matter as @JonoH has previously confirmed in this thread, however human error does unfortunately occur in rare instances like this one and when we discover that this has happened we strive to correct the error, by passing along feedback to the agent and making sure that you are properly refunded what is owed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
DWD

I have a similar situation. I spoke to plusnet online chat support before cancelling my contract following a price increase:

Me: Can you confirm that I will get a refund for my line rental saver.
Me: And that there will be no early termination fees.
[CSA Removed]Yes you will be getting refunds

I did not get a refund for the line rental saver, so rang up support. They told me that my direct debit was cancelled following the closure of my account, so they would send me a cheque for the amount due. A few days later I received a refund £8.23 via direct debit, which I presume is the pro-rata refund of my last month of broadband as the line rental refund is more than £100.

No sign of a cheque in the post, and it's been 2 weeks now since I spoke to Plusnet. 

Very unimpressive.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @DWD, thanks for getting in contact.

I am sorry to hear you have not received your refund as of yet. I can see this was processed on 01/06/2018 by cheque, as cheque refunds can take up to 14 working days, please do allow up till 21/06/2018 for this to be with you.

If you have not received it by then, please do let us know and we can chase it up for you. Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
acjgo

Hi [Plusnet Help Team],

I am experiencing the same issue...was told by one CSC analyst  I would get a refund and as soon as plusnet received notice that I was leaving the story changed where I am now expecting termination charges to be applied...have left because of the lack of consistency with regards to the inforrmation I was receiving, timely responses to my questions (24hrs nearer 7+ days) and plusnet unwillingness to give me a 'price match'

My service was transferred today 12/6/2018, the line rental saver has been paid upto 23/6/2018 , the broadband unlimited was on a £0.00pm on a 12mth contract, there are no call/product charges, can you look into this for me...I would like clarity on

a) if a refund is due, amount(£) & if not why not?

b) how were these termination charges derived at?

c) when a final bill will be provided, unless resolved here then am looking to the ombudsman to get this matter resolved

Unfortunately, I have lost all confidence in the 'quality of service' via the webchat facility, how plusnet have received awards for their customer service is beyond me!

Thanks in advance

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

I'm looking into this and as my reply would inevitably contain account information I'll reply to the ticket(s) on your account.

[edit]

I think I've sorted this out for you now.
Sorry to see how this has been handled on your account.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
acjgo

Hi Anoush,

Plusnet have cleared down my account incl. all the tickets, I am therefore unable to view your response to my issue..that said, I was able to access my assumed final bill, reference 101905013 this being the case, the matter can be deemed resolved...

Thanks

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

If you go to the Member Centre, then click on "View your questions" before logging in, it should take you to your tickets.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks acjgo, I can see you've since replied to the ticket Anoush mentioned too. Thanks for your patience and for your valued custom. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Keys

Can someone explain how the pro-rata refund is calculated as I had just under 5 months left but Plusnet have only refunded 4 complete months of LRS.  Surely they don't refund per whole calendar month as that would be unfair to people who have gone just a few days into the next billing month.