cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver refund if terminating early

andypurple

Line Rental Saver refund if terminating early

Hi, as PN have increased charges early termination is possible again. I paid line rental in advance. If I terminate will I get a refund of my line rental. I know that OFCOM has been involved with this issue in the past with PN and other suppliers.

Thanks, Andy

58 REPLIES 58
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Line Rental Saver refund if terminating early

Yes you will.

All you need to do is call Plusnet after their service has ceased and you will receive a refund of the unused LRS.

This, "Once your service has migrated simply contact our Customer Services team on 0800 432 0200 and they can then refund the relevant amount due for the line rental saver" from the message I received.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

That's at distinct odds with the PN website that says:

Is Line Rental Saver refundable?
You can cancel Line Rental Saver within the first 14 days after ordering and get a full refund. After this, you can cancel the service at any time, but the fee is non-refundable.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Does not apply if Price increases during contract.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/broadband/2018/04/plusnet-to-hike-broadband-prices-

What if I have Plusnet's Line Rental Saver?

Plusnet customers can pay for 12 months line rental in advance and at the moment save £30 a year, compared to Plusnet's standard line rental charge.

If you've taken the Line Rental Saver, and now, as a result of the price rises, wish to leave Plusnet you will be refunded for the remaining months that you haven't used your Line Rental Saver.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

What's said on the website is pretty meaningless.

Laws and  selling regulations are what matters.

Maybe plusnet got their terms from the same place as Del.

No income tax, no VAT
No money back, no guarantee
Black or white, rich or broke
We'll cut prices at a stroke

andypurple

I spoke to a Plusnet rep on Livechat and he told me I would get a refund of Line Rental.

Hi, I am thinking of leaving Plusnet due to the price increase but I have paid upfront for Line Rental Saver. If I cancel early due to the price rise will I get a refund of part of my line rental saver payment?

[CSA Removed]:Yes you will

Andrew Berry: Will that be refunded automatically when I leave Plusnet?

[CSA Removed]:Yes are you wanting to leave?

I'll see what happens!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Andy.

I'd like to confirm also that you will receive a pro-rata refund of any unused line rental saver if you cancel early due to the price refresh comms.

With that said, is there any particular reason why you're leaving and anything I can do to help keep you as a customer?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
andypurple

So, my broadband switched from Plusnet on 30th April but still no indication O can see that my account with Plusnet has terminated and no prorata  refund of line rental saver. Can you please confirm when this will happen?

Thanks, Andy

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm sorry about the delay in getting your account closed and refund issued Andy.

I've done this for you now and you should see the money back on your card next week.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
andypurple

Thank you. Great service here on Plusnet's Community as always.

Andy

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems Andy.

All the best with your new provider and hopefully we'll see you back soon.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Bertwilson100
Hooked

Hi there. I’m having this same problem. I have cancelled my contract due to the price increase, was told over the phone that I would receive £171.42 refund for the line rental saver unused portion. I then received and email stating that I would not receive a refund. I telephoned again and spoke to someone who said I would not receive a refund. Everything I can find on here points towards Ofcom saying I am due the refund as promised. Can you help?

Kind regards

Rob
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Rob.

Apologies for the concern caused by the automated e-mail you've received with regards to the line rental saver being non-refundable.

On this occasion as you're moving because of the price refresh, we'll provide a refund once your line has migrated away. I can see the adviser you spoke to on the 9th has put steps in place to make that happen.

Hope this helps.

Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Bertwilson100
Hooked

Thank you very much. This is a great resource for your customers. 👍
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems @Bertwilson100

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet