cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver questions

Mav
Fixes: 514

Line Rental Saver questions

Thought I may add this using money from savings as I still have another 20 or so months left of my contract.
From this faq it states:
Pay for 12 months line rental in advance and save money. Line Rental Saver costs £131.88 for 12 months line rental (monthly equivalent £10.99).

Yet when I look at the page to add it in the portal it states:
Pay for 12 months line rental up front for £137.88, equivalent to £11.49 a month, compared to our usual line rental price of £14.99 a month.

Why the discrepancy?
I have a £4.50 call plan which I assume covers the Anytime Evening/Weekend calls. Does that stay as it is?
There's been a lot of threads regarding being charged for line rental still after having LRS added. Is there an optimum time to add LRS (billing day, for example) which would minimise the chance of any issues?
Appreciate any help.
Thanks.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

12 REPLIES 12
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Line Rental Saver questions

£131.88 was the old price before the increase last October if I remember correctly.
Looks like another page that needs updating.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
shamus
Grafter

I think £131.88 is the new price - This is certainly what I paid in November...
BryanP
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
£131.88 was the old price before the increase last October if I remember correctly.

It was only £125.88 when I renewed in Sept 13 with the new price increase due in Oct 13
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I think the first quote is for the current £14.50 per month phone product and the second is for those still on the older phone product which now costs £14.99 per month. The current product is weekend calls only, the older one is evenings and weekends. Adding Anytime calls costs £5.00 per month and £4.50 per month respectively. You might notice that makes prices for phone+anytime calls identical (bar 1p) for both products.
The same differences apply when LRS is added, paying 50p per month extra (equivalent) with the older phone product provides inclusive evening calls and the anytime call plan is 50p per month cheaper.
David
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

spraxyt has it spot on.
The £131.88 is aimed at new customers who would pay that amount and would get Weekend Calls. *
As you're an existing customer on the older Line Rental price, you would pay £137.88 but this would include Talk Evenings & Weekends.
The Anytime Call Package would remain at the same price if you were to take the LRS option again this year. It's entirely up to you when you pay for a further year of LRS, as long as it's done before it expires.
*Edit: Apologies for the mistake, with LRS at £131.88 no calls are inclusive.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: Chris
The £131.88 is aimed at new customers who would pay that amount and would get Weekend Calls.
Shouldn't that be "don't get any calls included" or has something changed
Mav

Thanks for all the replies.
I've now decided against purchasing LRS. I'm happy with PN and don't plan to leave any time soon but, after reading about new  OFCOM rules where it seems we will be able to leave for any price increase and not just above inflation (or reduction in service without a reduction in price) if I'm reading it correctly, I'd like to keep my options open especially as LRS is non refundable after 10 days.
But I'd appreciate any further comments on this.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Apprentice
Grafter

If it's not a question then it's confusion  Tongue
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,122244.0.html
BryanP
Grafter

Quote from: Mav
Thanks for all the replies.
I've now decided against purchasing LRS. I'm happy with PN and don't plan to leave any time soon but, after reading about new  OFCOM rules where it seems we will be able to leave for any price increase and not just above inflation (or reduction in service without a reduction in price) if I'm reading it correctly, I'd like to keep my options open especially as LRS is non refundable after 10 days.
But I'd appreciate any further comments on this.

This do's not apply to LRS, this new rule is for mobile phone contracts which unfortunately as I have experienced the mobile operators can increase the monthly charge when they wish, once you have paid for LRS that's it for 12 months, but beware I have been on LRS since the beginning and it do's increase when my renewal is due. I would suggest if you are willing to contract for the next 12 months pay the LRS
Mav

I was going by the report I linked to:
Under new rules drawn up by telecoms regulator Ofcom for mobile phone, landline or broadband contracts, providers now have to give customers 30 days' notice of such changes.

My bold.

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Yesterday morning on BBC Breakfast it featured this item with Paul Lewis from Money Box and the impression I got was mobiles only however the OFcom website says it's landlines too.
http://media.ofcom.org.uk/2014/01/22/protection-for-consumers-against-unexpected-mid-contract-price-...
chrcoluk
Grafter

it is also for fixed lines.
moneysaver does get some things wrong.